... help with Heteropoda Savannah

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
I got two of these lil nuggs as freebies from Tarantulacanada with my c. versicolor sling, annnnnnd I have absolutely no idea how to care for them. :zombie: I really appreciate the free little buggers, I love hunstmen, but haven't done much research into their care.

IMG_20190424_163043625.jpg

I know this is severely lacking, but I don't even know what to give them. I do have woodlice in another enclosure, but I've never tried harvesting them before.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Do you mean Heteropoda javana? Those are the only Heteropoda they have as far as I know

I haven’t kept this species but based on where they from I think I can advise on care.

Keep them somewhat moist, arboreal and feed them fruit flies basically.

Your enclosure looks alright. Is there decent ventilation?

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
Do you mean Heteropoda javana? Those are the only Heteropoda they have as far as I know

I haven’t kept this species but based on where they from I think I can advise on care.

Keep them somewhat moist, arboreal and feed them fruit flies basically.

Your enclosure looks alright. Is there decent ventilation?
... Yes. I may need new glasses.
IMG_20190425_170843773.jpg
Is this enough? I can add another row. The holes go all the way around and the cap is full of holes.

Give it a vertical surface to lurk on?
Will do! Anything to keep them in their enclosures and off the lid. They're so fast!

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
Both ate from a half of a pre-killed waxworm and I added another row of holes. All is well!

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
IMG_20190426_011410022.jpg
I'm still looking for something appropriate to put in there. These things are so freaking tiny that my camera can't pick them up at all, but I love them.

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
That should be fine. I've kept all my huntsman slings pretty much the same way as you. Just make sure it doesn't dry out and you should be fine.
Thank you. The substrate is still pretty moist. My only real concern is getting the remains of dead prey items out. How did you do it?

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Thank you. The substrate is still pretty moist. My only real concern is getting the remains of dead prey items out. How did you do it?
When they're that small the remains are minuscule so I don't really think they're worth trying to pick out. If you throw something in and it goes uneaten though or you have mold then you can just pick it out with a pair of tweezers.

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
IMG_20190426_193923712.jpg
It's kinda hard to see, but it looks like they may have webbed up their enclosures? Either that, or I have a mould issue. All the articles I've read say that adults don't web, but I'm having trouble finding anything on slings.