Help with G. rosea

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Okay, so ive had my G. rosea since August 30, 2016, i got her from pet supermarket and she used to eat everytime i would offer food, and she was okay with being handled as well, she has a water bowl only because she will not use a hide, not even once. Lately her behavior changed completly, she refuses food ever since January fifth (last time she ate, 1 superworm) she is always moving and climbing her cage, and diging, and before that date she never did that, she barely moved, now she cant stop moving around, and everytime i offer food she throws a defensive posture and i havent tried to handle anymore since then. I tried to put a hide in there as well, i left it there for 3 weeks and she actually covered it with dirt but never went in. I did not change anything in her cage so i have no idea whats wrong with her. Its a female for sure because she molted once under my care and i checked it with the help of people here, if anybody has any recomendations i would appreciate it a lot

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Stop offering food. They are desert species so dont have big appetite. If fed regularly they will fast for up to over a year.

It sounds like either there is prey in the enclosure that is annoying her. Superworms burrow and there may be one under the substrate irritating her.

It also sounds like mature male. Behaviour.

Please post pics of your T (front legs if possible) and the enclosure

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Well, G. rosea is famous for its long periods of fasting. For them to go for prolonged periods without food, is nothing to be concerned about. As @KezyGLA said the behaviour you´re describing is often seen in adult males.

Handling is about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit here - and for good reasons. You run the risk of injuring your spider, so you really should not handle it.

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Stop offering food. They are desert species so dont have big appetite. If fed regularly they will fast for up to over a year.

It sounds like either there is prey in the enclosure that is annoying her. Superworms burrow and there may be one under the substrate irritating her.

It also sounds like mature male. Behaviour.

Please post pics of your T (front legs if possible) and the enclosure
I stopped offering food, and there are no superworms in there, 100% sure. If she doesnt take them i take them out, and i will be posting pictures later, and she has that little "flap" that says she is a female

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
You saw spermathecae on her molt?

If female then there is definately something bothering her.

If you handle a lot then you are removing her from her environment a lot and she could be unsettled.

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
You saw spermathecae on her molt?

If female then there is definately something bothering her.

If you handle a lot then you are removing her from her environment a lot and she could be unsettled.
I would barely handle when my little sister wanted to see her ( a pink spider, she fell in love, and i wanted her to get over her fear) and i havent handled in a loooong time

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Can you post pics of enclosure?
Did anything change in her surroundings at all? Drafts, sunlight, business. How is her substrate, dry enough? Did she molt under your care, or is the
picture from previous owner?
The molt says female, but it could be a scam. Maybe post pics of pedipalps and first pair of legs? If it is a female and she didn't molt under your care, she could be wild caught and gravid.

Below link has useful info:
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/ch...w-to-really-take-care-of-your-g-rosea.226727/

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Can you post pics of enclosure?
Did anything change in her surroundings at all? Drafts, sunlight, business. How is her substrate, dry enough? Did she molt under your care, or is the
picture from previous owner?
The molt says female, but it could be a scam. Maybe post pics of pedipalps and first pair of legs? If it is a female and she didn't molt under your care, she could be wild caught and gravid.

Below link has useful info:
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/ch...w-to-really-take-care-of-your-g-rosea.226727/
Nothing changed, at all. She did molt under my care and i still have the molt (she behaved and ate after the molt) this behavior started around january 5

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Nothing changed, at all. She did molt under my care and i still have the molt (she behaved and ate after the molt) this behavior started around january 5
Alrighty then..
I assume there is nothing in the enclosure with her? Mites, flies, whatever? Waterdish is always full? Enough substrate to dig in if she so chooses?
Any sprays for pests in the neighbourhood?

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Alrighty then..
I assume there is nothing in the enclosure with her? Mites, flies, whatever? Waterdish is always full? Enough substrate to dig in if she so chooses?
Any sprays for pests in the neighbourhood?
Nothing like that
Always has water
Yes, but she only digs a little

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Then I have no clue...maybe someone else can give some insight. In the meantime, maybe best to leave her alone, waterdish full. Any particular reason you need to change the substrate? Usually it's enough to spot-clean.

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Then I have no clue...maybe someone else can give some insight. In the meantime, maybe best to leave her alone, waterdish full. Any particular reason you need to change the substrate? Usually it's enough to spot-clean.
Yes, i dont know how to explain it, but her silk mixes up with the substrate and it creates big clumps and it looks messy, because of the digging

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yes, i dont know how to explain it, but her silk mixes up with the substrate and it creates big clumps and it looks messy, because of the digging
How often have you changed the substrate since you've had her?

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
How often have you changed the substrate since you've had her?
Thats another reason why, ive never changed the substrate and its been 6 months and as far as i know and heard, i have to change it twice a year, correct me if im wrong