Help with C.fasciatum egg sac

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a few questions. I did search for answers but I think I got more confused.:?

I have a female C. fasciatum which was mated last 07/14/07. An egg sac was laid 08/04/07. The female only ate twice in between this period.

My questions:

1. When should I feed her again? She is visibly smaller now.
2. When shall I pull the egg sac?
3. Do I still need to incubate it in a hammock? What is the easiest way to create one?
4. When is the right time to open the sac? When to separate the slings?

I have bred scorpions of different species many times but this will be my very first attempt at breeding Ts. This egg incubation stage is a real puzzle for me.

Any tips or shared experience will be appreciated.

Cheers!

Ninno

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'll just pick one of them to answer.

Since this species develops a bit faster then most, around the 21-26th of this month you will have eggs with legs, and that is when you can take the sac. Because this seems to be your first sac, leave it with the mother till the end of this month. By then you wont have to use a hammock, all you will have to do is open the sac empty the eggs onto a wet paper towel in a deli cup and watch them grow, they will molt two more times before you need to separate and begin feeding.

Ha guess I answered more then one. :8o I am sure someone else will help you out some too.

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I won't be able to answer any question.. but I would like to congratulate you Sir Ninno on your first Egg Sac.. woohoo C. Fasciatum Slings.. :clap: ;)

that was bred during our Gen. Assembly right??

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yup! During the Gen assembly.

Thanks talkenate for the advice.