Help with A. geniculata?

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
This is Django. (named after the jazz musician NOT the star wars character)
Anyway, I went to feed her (hopefully) today and the cricket landed on her and she barely moved. Her legs were up in a protective way. I gave her a gentle prod and she went forward only a step or two. Very unresponsive compared to her normal self. So...is this normal for a sling about to molt or should I worry about something else?
Thanks in advance...

Attachments

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
A. geniculata grows fast and molts frequently, i wouldn't worry, but i would take the cricket out.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i have a A. Geniculata :D by the looks if it(dont quote me on this lol )your Geni is close to a shed cause her abdomen looks very dark! so she might not just be hungry if she doesnt eat it within 24 hours take it out, means shes not hungry :D maybe try again in a day or two

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
I took the cricket out pretty quick. Based off her normal behavior I could tell she wasn't going for it.
I've been worried about my other sling, too. She's a curlyhair and she's buried herself. I don't know when she molts, if she eats...nothing. She has about 3 little holes in the dirt, but you can't see her through the sides of the container at all. Makes it tough to keep track of molts and feeding.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is so cute!!!

Look at that little darling face!

Originally posted by Inktomi
This is Django. (named after the jazz musician NOT the star wars character)
Anyway, I went to feed her (hopefully) today and the cricket landed on her and she barely moved. Her legs were up in a protective way. I gave her a gentle prod and she went forward only a step or two. Very unresponsive compared to her normal self. So...is this normal for a sling about to molt or should I worry about something else?
Thanks in advance...

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't worry. It should molt sommetime this week. Also, genics are known for their amazing powers of stationability You have an excellent spider.

Jon

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My genic gets very withdrawn and a bit jumpy when she's about to moult. I wouldn't worry at all anyway, she looks fat enough to go without food for a few days :)