help with a blondi

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok so I went to the pet store, there was a blondi there that just molted a couple days ago.... the abdomen was ridged in shape... it was not round, a lot of indentions... on the side, it looked like a growth coming out, or that it had busted and dried up... upon closer look the abdomen was pulsating (sp). is she going to kick the bucket? any help would be great, if she can be saved I could pick her up for like 50 bucks... help her out and have a 4.5 in Female blondi.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It just sounds like to me that it needs to hurry up and harden so it can eat. The pulsating that you describe is it's heart beating. Did you see a water dish in the tank? Describe it's living conditions.

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
living conditions were good, well kept. I go there once a week and check on them... I wish I could have taken a picture of it... It really looks like it has a growth on its abdomen.. it really sticks out

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It could have had a problem in the previous molt so there is a chance another molt would clear it up but there is also a chance for more problems. I'd be leery of buying it but if you think you can help, go for it.

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well like I said I've seen it for the past 3 months maybe more, I've never seen anything wrong with it before its molt 2 days ago... I think it might have something else... but who knows... I'm just trying to help these guys out...

Orchidspider

Arachnopeon
Its nice that you want to help the shop out, but its you that is going to be stuck with the blondi if it dies, and DONT count on the pet shop for refunding you- they are in the buiz to make money. Thats why I try to buy T's from dealers. However, if you want the blondi, I'd waite and look at it more- I mean waite for 2 weeks before getting it. If it dies, it dies there and your not screwed. If it lives and seems healthy and EATS well, cause it should after 2 weeks after a moult, then you might get it. It could be a WC blondi and the prob with wild caught blondi's and its hard to make sure you are getting one, is that they could have a parasite in them that could be working its way out.

Orchidspider

Arachnopeon
Its nice that you want to help the shop out, but its you that is going to be stuck with the blondi if it dies, and DONT count on the pet shop for refunding you- they are in the buiz to make money. Thats why I try to buy T's from dealers. However, if you want the blondi, I'd wait and look at it more- I mean wait for 2 weeks before getting it. If it dies, it dies there and your not screwed. If it lives and seems healthy and EATS well, cause it should after 2 weeks after a moult, then you might get it. It could be a WC blondi and the prob with wild caught blondi's and its hard to make sure you are getting one, is that they could have a parasite in them that could be working its way out.

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I doubt it was wild caught it was like 3 inches before the molt, but noe its like 4.5. I checked it out today, and it seriously has a huge bump on the right side of its abdomen... I ment to take a pic of it, but I sliced my finger just about off on monday, so I'm all hoped up on painkillers that I forgot to get the pic... Its hard to describe what i looks like... other than the bump it looks fine

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I doubt it was wild caught it was like 3 inches before the molt, but noe its like 4.5. I checked it out today, and it seriously has a huge bump on the right side of its abdomen... I ment to take a pic of it, but I sliced my finger just about off on monday, so I'm all hoped up on painkillers that I forgot to get the pic... Its hard to describe what i looks like... other than the bump it looks fine
I highly doubt it was not WC. It is very very rare to see a pet shop with CB of anything. I look forward to a picture because that will tell us a lot more.

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'm going to my grandparents house tomorrow, but i'll get a pic and post it on sunday

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Giant lump on a blondi abdomen sounds like most of the internal parasite stories I've ever heard--at least I believe it's usually parasites. Yeah, that thing is probably WC.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah I was thinking parasite as well.
The fact that it's pulsating as well as having a growth, I would be a bit apprehensive.
The fact that the conditions it was kept in were pretty good tells me that the pet store probably got it in that condition.
I don't think blondi's are too expensive, so maybe for a little more you could get a guaranteed captive bred.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you really want to help the shop out perhaps you could point the suspicious lump out to someone at the shop and explain what it may be (parasite). Maybe if they realize they're getting unhealthy t's from their current supplier they'll look more into getting CB slings and juvies for their inventory. I've been working on this issue w/ my local petshop and now they have all CB stock in there w/ only a few occasional exceptions. (They won't stop putting them on cedar shavings tho' no matter how hard i try.)

Last edited:

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you really want to help the shop out perhaps you could point the suspicious lump out to someone at the shop and explain what it may be (parasite). Maybe if they realize they're getting unhealthy t's from their current supplier they'll look more into getting CB slings and juvies for their inventory. I've been working on this issue w/ my local petshop and now they have all CB stock in there w/ only a few occasional exceptions. (They won't stop putting them on cedar shavings tho' no matter how hard i try.)
This is an excellent piece of advice. This is the best way you can help that T and the ones who follow it. Then support CB and go get yourself a nice T from a dealer or private breeder on AB.