HELP! What is this on my T?

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I just checked on my T and noticed some white fuzzy stuff all over the back of her abdomen. It's not moving and it's no where else on her body. It just looks like she was sprinkled with a weird cotton-like fuzz. I've never seen anything like it before and I'm really worried. Please, someone tell me what it is, and please say it's no big deal. Apart from one sling, she's my only T. :(
Photo:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is just the urticating hair. When they kick it comes off almost like cotton fluff and looks like that if it does not all come off. She is just fine.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
That is just the urticating hair. When they kick it comes off almost like cotton fluff and looks like that if it does not all come off. She is just fine.
Thank goodness. Now I feel like a total idiot. :rolleyes: It's strange, last time she kicked, I didn't notice that at all. Thanks very much, and sorry if I over-reacted.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
After your first experience with the b. smithi I understand why you'd be that way. It's ok. Now you know. :D

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep... that is pure, concentrated itch. You should comb it off and mix it with your toothpaste.

<joke>

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My rosie has that on her too, I kind of figured that's what it was. Funny though, she never kicks. :?

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My rosie has that on her too, I kind of figured that's what it was. Funny though, she never kicks. :?
It still happens due to grooming. When they rub substrate out of the hairs and during normal grooming they will loosen the hairs. When you have a 'kicker' there will be less fluff and bald spots instead.