Help! Wasp queen escaped in house.

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
Title says it all. Polistes aurifer queen. I took her out of hibernation, into the house, and while exploring the tank she must have found a hole and escaped. Any tips for finding her? Are they attracted to black lights!

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I’m sorry. But this is Pretty funny hahahaha. I wish I knew more about wasp behavior to be of service. I bet she’s not too far from where she escaped. Look high or in window sills as she warms up. Best of luck.

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
I’m sorry. But this is Pretty funny hahahaha. I wish I knew more about wasp behavior to be of service. I bet she’s not too far from where she escaped. Look high or in window sills as she warms up. Best of luck.
This is quite funny lol

My brother doesn’t see it quite that way though-

Poonjab

Arachnoking
This is quite funny lol

My brother doesn’t see it quite that way though-
I get it. I don’t find humor in your misfortune. Just the scenario it’s self. If had wasps in my house from leaving doors open. I always find them at the window. I hope that helps. But for now, I’d start looking around right where it got out. I bet it’s still crawling and hasn’t gotten too far.

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
Wasps like sugar/fruit. I don't know if collecting food is beneath the queen - but maybe you can lure her somewhere with it?
I visited rural Mexico a lot as a kid and Juice shop garbage cans were riddled with wasps.

I know very little about wasps, but I had to read this thread lol.

Last edited: