Help w tarantula who's not eating

ottoinTX

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm new. Have a brown TX tarantula I rescued on June 29 from a tarantula hawk wasp. First time caring for a spider. Was completely paralyzed for 2 months. Put in tupperware with wet paper towels, gave water daily on fangs with dropper, did daily leg exercises to keep legs nimble and stimulate movement. After 2 months, legs moving on own. Started walking slowly and working on grip now. BUT not eating. Offered meal worms thinking crickets too fast for him to catch now. Nothing. Any ideas of what and how to get him to eat? Thanks!

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
You could prekill prey and leave it in there for him to scavenge on. Depending on the degree of the paralysis, though, you may need to make "cricket soup" out of cricket guts which will be easier for him to eat.

ottoinTX

Arachnopeon
You could prekill prey and leave it in there for him to scavenge on. Depending on the degree of the paralysis, though, you may need to make "cricket soup" out of cricket guts which will be easier for him to eat.
Would meal worm soup work? What else do they like? Feed soup thru syringe dabbed on fangs like been doing his water?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Would meal worm soup work? What else do they like? Feed soup thru syringe dabbed on fangs like been doing his water?
Not likely, but I never bet against Mother Nature.

Ts respond to movement, not static food sitting out in open, like frogs.

It may work, won’t hurt to try, don’t expect much.