Help! Urticulating hairs!! I’m miserable

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
That's the only thing putting me off getting a Theraphosa species at some point.

Have you tried using a peel off face mask on your hand - particularly those advertised for removing black heads? I've heard they can work quite well to remove hairs, although perhaps a more expensive option.

LizardStudent

Arachnosquire
That's the only thing putting me off getting a Theraphosa species at some point.

Have you tried using a peel off face mask on your hand - particularly those advertised for removing black heads? I've heard they can work quite well to remove hairs, although perhaps a more expensive option.
This makes me think that waxing strips may help and be a bit nicer to the skin than duct tape, especially since they are specifically made for removing hairs. I have used some from the company Flamingo before and they come ready to use in little paper strips, I bet it might actually be useful for this kind of situation. Never thought of that before
I've used those blackhead masks too and have had them pull a few little blonde facial hairs out but not that many, in my personal experience

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Never had a serious problem with urticulating hair (yet) but I do have A LOT of problems with contact dermatitis in the summer - poison ivy grows wild in my yard. I find calamine lotion helps more that hydrocortisone. You could try a non-drowsy antihistamine like Claratin - a basic staple in our house. You could also check with your doctor and ask if prednisone would help. Good luck! I know your pain!
Be sure not to ask about a certain med. If you doctor is worth their salt, they will know exactly what to do. Steroid for urticaria is kindof a step too high for urticaria. It will likely be a antihistamine.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Once you feel them it's pretty much too late to "remove" them. They are already lodged in and under the epidermis. We all thought people were inflating the Theraphosa hairs because people do tend to embellish when it comes to pain. Everyone's a gangster till they get those hairs. Only thing you can do now is reducing your body's response as @Coradams said. You are in it for the long-haul. Do not abuse any of the medications even though they are OTC. It may seem tempting, but it won't help. Save the antihistamines for when you are sleeping and alternate ibuprofen and Tylenol if you have no conflicting medications.
Hit those itchy spots with warm to hot water. I'm on the same boat as @Coradams with urticaria, except I have dermatographic urticaria. Trust us on this one. We been dealing with the itchies for decades.

ChaosSphere

Arachnosquire
I read somewhere that someone who farmed cacti (the hairy kinds) that they had a certain kind whose hairs worked more or less like urticating hairs and they used paraffin wax to remove the hairs.

Might be useful

ChaosSphere

Arachnosquire
I read somewhere that someone who farmed cacti (the hairy kinds) that they had a certain kind whose hairs worked more or less like urticating hairs and they used paraffin wax to remove the hairs.

Might be useful