help urgent

gilly2k

Arachnopeon
my g rossa has turned on her back to shed and has been there for 4 hours and done nothing why is thus is it normal.

thanks

gilly2k

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It took my mature female Chilean Rose almost 8 hours to molt. Don't be concerned yet, just make sure the humidity is up a little and let nature take its course.
Sometimes it just takes a little while.
Also, don't disturb yours, just keep an eye on her to look for potential problems (legs stuck, etc.)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
IME, the bigger they are, the longer thy take.

Big DRagonfly

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My rose moulted this Saturday just gone,she was on her back for 10 hours before shedding sucessfully.
yours will be fine.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah i have a huge adult female and she molted a few months ago and from the time she was flipped over to the time that she was on her feet again it was like 14 hours.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
longest record here was 28 hours..if you can believe that! and it was my FIRST spider..I'd had her all of 6 DAYS!
A seemanni from Petco, poor thing, I ended up intervening, having not a clue what I was doing, but probably with my bumbling, and help from friendly T folks, saved her life. She only lost her left palp, and regenerated a rather spindly looking one last molt :)