Help to ID please!!!!

icefish

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i bought 3 scorpion yesterday from local pet store, 1 Parabuthus mossambicensis and 2 unknown species, so anyone can help me out?
they are all from tanzania as the guy said in the store, so i am assuming they are!!!!
the first species that i guess is Opisthophtalmus sp, is that right? what sp is it?
and i looked for the ID last night from scorpion file, the pic from Opisthacanthus asper are really match to the 2nd species, but it doesn't exist in tanzania!! Opisthacanthus rugiceps is exist in tanzania, but not so sure!! also, another pic which is Opistophthalmus lawrencei are also look similar to what i have, but i guess it is more likely Opisthacanthus sp, anyway, if anyone can help me out, i appreciate, thanks anyway!
btw, what condition and substrate for both sps, i currently use sand and few peat mixture, is that ok? especially for the Opistophthalmus sp!!

Last edited:

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it's hard to ID an Opisthophtalmus sp from a picture. you can guesstimate what it could be but that's about it. it could be an O boehmi. it's just hard to tell really.

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First one is probably an O. boehmi, and a male at that. I need a male, so I'm your bestest friend at the moment. ;)

The second one is probably an Opisthacanthus sp. And a male as well.

Mike

icefish

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
more ID please!!
i got another scorpion today, left one from 1st pic, anyone knows that, also, another species that i am not sure either Parabuthus pallidus or P. Mossambicensis, the color of mine is more orange or red, and it is from tanzania, i check the http://perso.orange.fr/eycb/scorpions/AFTanzanie.htm, the p moss doesn't exist in tanzania, so i guess it is P pallidus, what do u guys think? thanks!!

Last edited: