Help! Tiny A. Seemani @ Petco with eggsac?

Sicel1304

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys, so while I was checking up on the couple of T's that we have at the store, I noticed a small A. seemani pushing around a pretty good sized white ball of stuff. I'm not 100% sure it is an eggsac, but it does resemble one. Should I ask my manager if I can move the spider to a back room so she won't be bothered?

I have no idea what to do about the sac, if it does turn out to be one... :?

Sicel1304

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll let you know what happens...I work tonight, and I'll see about taking the sac (or whatever it is) out of the enclosure and see what's up.

T-chick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I bought an A. Seemani from a store and she had an egg sac. But it was moldy so I removed it. The store people had no clue that it was one..

Good luck. What size is the A. seemani at your store..

They say its best to leave the eggsac with the mom, if you don't know how to make and maintain an incubator...
JMHO

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
You could make an "incubator" like the ones Martin and I use... just a deli cup lined with damp paper towels at the bottom. Just dump the contents of the eggsac out in it an pull out any bad/rotting eggs. This method has always worked for us (35 good eggsacs last year!)

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
as a bronze ATS sponser i think PETCO knows all they have to to take care of their animals.

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL Same here...that is some goooooood stuff.

Thanks for the laugh, Metallica.

~Fred