Help soon Please

fenhawk1

Arachnosquire
Hi, i tried to feed my A metallica who i suspect is in pre-molt, and as i was holding the cricket infront of her silken retreat it fell down into this cocoon of web, i am now quite worried becausethe only way in is up from the top and the cricket is at the bottom, im worried she will attempt to moult and the cricket will have a nice snack, I do not really want to ruin her webs, I cannot get the cricket it out easily,

any suggestions would be lovely
thx

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am curious as to what size your Avicularia is and what the enclosure is like, this will help ascertain what I want to suggest.

fenhawk1

Arachnosquire
she/he is a subadult not fully grown, enclosure is a KK, the cricket has somehow got under her cocoon, which was built inbetween a corner and corkbark resting at a diagonal angle

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have you tried misting the area to force the cricket to move away? Perhaps you may have a pair of long tweezers(or short) I find these to be invaluable in maintenance with my smaller spiders. Also you could use a very thin stick and poke it through and guide the cricket out possibly. I hope on of these ideas will suffice.

fenhawk1

Arachnosquire
Thank you very much, I shall employ these different methods thx for the help

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Drop a bit of apple or cricket food somewhere to lure the cricket out. I would make sure it is dark and quiet in the room so it isn't afraid to come out.

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Something long and skinny to poke straight down will work too. I've taken acustomed to using a paper clip straightened out for my sling containers and it works great for so many different applications.