Help?! Small spot on Chilean abdomen , unsure of possible cyst or cut?! Worried :(

JessiePoison

Arachnopeon
Please help! I dont know what the small red dot/tiny patch on her abdomen is, and have read scare stories of cysts :( it looks flat but has appeared recently , she has all she needs and is eating a waxworm in the pictures above, so walking/hunting/appetite is good. She molted about a month and a half ago, it was not there then. So worried as to what it could be ! Had her for nearly four years now! Should I seek a vet?! I put a small wet piece of kitchen towel in her enclosure about a week ago for moisture, but returned a few days later to see some mold growing on it, removed it and the soil instantly, but fear for her safety, please help me!!!!! Afraid !

Attachments

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You mean the area where the abdomen attaches to the carapace?
Looks like the pedicel. Some positions they get in, especially when feeding or webbing, it is more apparent.

JessiePoison

Arachnopeon
Yes the pedicel , the very tiny red patch at the base is visible in the picture , if you could zoom in and see do you know if this will grow into a cyst or blister? :(

cold blood

Staff member
NORMAL. Sometimes its more noticable, like after molting.

Pick out mold, its not a cause for concern...and never wet down, mist, or leave a wet towel in there...they despise moisture.

JessiePoison

Arachnopeon
NORMAL. Sometimes its more noticable, like after molting.

Pick out mold, its not a cause for concern...and never wet down, mist, or leave a wet towel in there...they despise moisture.
Thankyou, I have never done it before, just she seemed dehydrated. Phew its a weight off my mind thanks! X

JessiePoison

Arachnopeon