Help sexing rosea from exuvium

Case

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys.
After having my spiders for roughly 6 months, one of them finally molted.
It's a G. rosea. It was sold to me as a female, and I don't doubt that that is probably correct, but just as a learning exercise I am looking for indicators of sex on the exuvium. I'm not seeing the raised flap dealie that I'm under the impression a female spider should have, and I was hoping somebody could point out to me what I should be looking for.
Here's a pic I took. Please pardon the green line - my digital cam does that sometimes - grrr.

Or, if that doesn't work as I think it should, here's a link to the pic:
www.sydcom.net/users/case/exuvium.jpg

Thanks!!
Scott Case

Last edited:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Scott,
Thats a good size skin there.
Can you get a little closer picture?If you wet it, you may get a better look. Use a tiny bit of dish soap in the water.

Ernie

Case

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's a couple more

Here's a closer shot of the exuvium, moistened with a couple drops of water:

And here's a pic of the spider that emerged:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks like a girl to me.:D
Take a tooth pick and lift the flap, There is two, one laying on top of the other. While its wet.

Ernie

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Scott,
On the first pic, I had not the slightest idea. The second, female. Definitely. Btw, is yours a psycho, like mine? I'm asking because everyone says they are so sweet and docile..mine isn't..She's never actually full threat displayed me, but you can tell she means business.
Peace,
Gillian

Case

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks guys! My first molt has definitely been an interesting learning experience.
Gillian - Actually, this spider is very laid back and docile. I do have another rosie that's really jumpy and skittish though.

Scott Case

Advocatus

Arachnopeon
That picture looks EXACTELY like mine! With that same spot on her abdomen too! Mine is a very docile female, currently living inside a scull ... I just hope she's not going to molt in there ...