Help sexing B. vagans

jmhendric

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't know the gender of any of my three T's . So here is a few shots with my cannon A95 hopefully enough detail for the experts to make a guess :D :D

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Let's say this - my girl is a lot more pronounced in the area in question. Yours might not look it because of the angle or age, but I personally wouldn't nail it down to female, looking at that picture. Possible, but not nessessarily. :wall:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Let's say this - my girl is a lot more pronounced in the area in question. Yours might not look it because of the angle or age, but I personally wouldn't nail it down to female, looking at that picture. Possible, but not nessessarily. :wall:
With Brachys there is a very concentrated patch of hairs normally in a half moon shape just about if not butted up to the epigastric furrow. When a T is over 2" this spot is VERY easy to spot and sex accordingly. This "patch of hairs varies from species to species, ventral sexing gets hard with Ts like Pokies and Avics, But with brachys, Megaphobema,Theraphosa,Grammastola, and a few others I just named those ventral sexing with some eye training can be close to 100%.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
With Brachys there is a very concentrated patch of hairs normally in a half moon shape just about if not butted up to the epigastric furrow. When a T is over 2" this spot is VERY easy to spot and sex accordingly. This "patch of hairs varies from species to species, ventral sexing gets hard with Ts like Pokies and Avics, But with brachys, Megaphobema,Theraphosa,Grammastola, and a few others I just named those ventral sexing with some eye training can be close to 100%.
Yeah close, but not the full 100%. Haha :p Just messing around..

Anyways, I would say it's a girl as well, but don't get surprised if it turns out male, just wait for a molt to confirm it's female.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Brachys under 2" can fool me but anything over that with a proper picture can be sexed. In person is ideal.

Last edited:

Tim St.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
looks female to me, but id still look at the molt,

whoa....some of you guys are pros, took me alot of reading on the subject befor i decided to post. :worship: :worship: :worship:

jmhendric

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sweet I was hoping for a Girl:clap: I will post again after next molt and hopfully a new camera. Thanx for the replies though I'll take some pics of my other 2 T's today for all u experts to take a look at as well:worship: