Help! Scorpion stuck on the ceiling!

Slylie22

Arachnopeon
Just rehoused two of my AFS and when I came home, one of them has climbed up and is suspended from the top mesh lid! I'm worried he might have his feet stuck, but I don't want to disturb him either as I'm worried he might fall and get hurt. As the lid is one that slides open, its impossible for me to get him off... what should I do? I had no idea a AFS could climb up like this!

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Could try and put a bowl around him- but not sure it’s possible based on what you said

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Just rehoused two of my AFS and when I came home, one of them has climbed up and is suspended from the top mesh lid! I'm worried he might have his feet stuck, but I don't want to disturb him either as I'm worried he might fall and get hurt. As the lid is one that slides open, its impossible for me to get him off... what should I do? I had no idea a AFS could climb up like this!
Take off the top and flip it so that the scorpion is right side up.

WhiteMoss

Arachnosquire
I would take the enclosure down and set it on an angle so that it's tilted back as far as you can without all the sub and decor falling on the side. Slowly try to slide off the lid to see if it'll move towards the back of the lid (if I'm not mistaken it's foot is right at the front where the lid slides out, so you may wat to try tickling those feet with a paintbrush so you can slide it open a bit) and like viper said see if you can open it far enough to get a bowl or catch cup in there.
Or you can wait it out and it will inevitably fall. But angling the enclosure back will shorten the distance of a fall one way or the other.

Best of luck and hope it comes through unscathed. Also if I had to guess I'd say it may have climbed up one of those leaves and possibly been able to reach the mesh.

Take off the top and flip it so that the scorpion is right side up.
The lid slides off so op can't take it off with the scorpion on it.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Then do what you said and flip the enclosure on its side
Marvelous idea. The next time the cat becomes firmly affixed to a screen in pursuit of a gecko I'm going to suggest that to my Other. She already thinks I'm at least halfway round the pipe. Be glad Scorp or cat isn't like a friend of ours feline with a feet malformation. 27 claws. They named him Sasquatch.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Marvelous idea. The next time the cat becomes firmly affixed to a screen in pursuit of a gecko I'm going to suggest that to my Other. She already thinks I'm at least halfway round the pipe. Be glad Scorp or cat isn't like a friend of ours feline with a feet malformation. 27 claws. They named him Sasquatch.
I didn’t know scorpions could climb glass!
The lid slides off so op can't take it off with the scorpion on it.
ouch those tanks , I got a few of them not sure how to make them so claws wont Get stuck for my Ts not that they climb .

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I didn’t know scorpions could climb glass!

ouch those tanks , I got a few of them not sure how to make them so claws wont Get stuck for my Ts not that they climb .
Scorpions can't climb glass.

They reach the top when people leave too little room between the top of substrate/ decorations and the top of the tank.

You need at least 1.5 times the scorpions length gap.

Don't place water dishes etc. in the corners as they will always attempt to climb from the corners and stand on their tails for extra height.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I had one in the carport that was, essentially, standing on it's telson as it tried to climb the wall.
Go figure. Bet they would be sitting on walls everywhere if they could climb like a spider . :rofl: Armored little tanks .