Help! Scolopendra eggs

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
@MA - I trust any further contributions to this thread will in no way resemble the former. Read your PMs if this it at all unclear.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
MantidAssassins said:
You still interested in buying some of the Platymeris "mombo"?
no,... thanx,... they are available in Europe too by now.

Last edited:

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
gongyles said:
no,... thanx,... they are available in Europe too by now.
Sorry, I was kidding. I just remembered you kept asking for them before and wondered if my refusal was the reason for all your :mad:

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
MantidAssassins said:
Sorry, I was kidding. I just remembered you kept asking for them before and wondered if my refusal was the reason for all your :mad:
and i guess you're mistaking me for another Belgian hobbyist.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
If there is another person named Steven who goes by Gongyles on Arachnoboards I will apologize to him.
As an immigrant to the US English is also not my first language. Yet, I don't why you would try to use it as an arguement point in a Scolopendra discussion.
in case you haven't noticed i'm not Englisch speaking,...
For our English speaking friends, I found an English description of S.morsitans on page 39, A Syopsis of the North American Centipedes of the Order Scolopendromorpha (Chilopoda) by R.M. Shelley. The 'dent' is referred to as a middorsal suture.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
let's get back to the basis of the discussion,...
(not gonna spill any words about the off-topic BS)

Either way, yours is a moot point since that photo is S.morsitans.
i was told you can never tell a specie by looking at a picture,...

why didn't you said: " i think " it's a morsitans instead of the quote above!

is there anywhere in the discussion above i've said it can't be a morsitans?,... i only stated the "dent" or like you said: "middorsal suture" isn't the only key for morsitans,... if i come across any pictures i'll post them.

What does the book of Shelley says about the diversity in coloration ?

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Look back and apologize. This was my original post
.....almost certainly S.morsitans
Almost certainly might also translate as 'most likely'. That means I'm pretty sure but the "almost" refers to the fact it is just a pic.
Most pics of that species wouldn't even show up the antennae and suture, but it was a good angle.

If you look at it your way, of course NONE of our centipedes are correctly named if the exact specimen or it's progenitors wasn't identified by a taxonomist.

gongyles said:
i'm using Attems book Scolopendromorpha to ID,...
if you have it,... go to page 24 and look at the 2 illustrations fig 38 and fig 39
and while you're at it,... translate the entire page that describes the specie morsitans for your Englisch speaking friends,... will you ?
In the US it is illegal to post copyright material. I am sorry for assuming you knew that, if you didn't.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
maybe it's time you start reading my previous replies too !