Help....Science project (t's)

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I am having a big science project and want it to be based on T's! It needs to have data, measurable, ect.
Donts:
*No produced comparisions
*Hazardous metarials
*No surveys
*It cant be too simple

Any help will be appreciated!

James

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Have you received permission from your teacher to even use tarantulas? Some people might consider them hazerdous materials.

In my opinion, I doubt that you would have enough time to do any serious study or data collection using tarantulas unless you were able to acquire a large number of tarantulas for some sort of comparison study.

Jon

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Have you received permission from your teacher to even use tarantulas? Some people might consider them hazerdous materials.

In my opinion, I doubt that you would have enough time to do any serious study or data collection using tarantulas unless you were able to acquire a large number of tarantulas for some sort of comparison study.

Jon
yes he gave me permission, any ideas? because we have around 5-10 weeks!

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The only thing that I think that you might be able to pull off, given your time restraints, is to maybe collect data concerning times of activity for the spiders ie-- when are they most active. Which hours during the day are they most active. Of course, those hours are probably when you are sleeping. So that might be too hard to accomplish. Maybe you could find average time it takes for a tarantula to find its prey?

Do a really quick brainstorming activity.

Jon

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey!

Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
The only thing that I think that you might be able to pull off, given your time restraints, is to maybe collect data concerning times of activity for the spiders ie-- when are they most active. Which hours during the day are they most active. Of course, those hours are probably when you are sleeping. So that might be too hard to accomplish. Maybe you could find average time it takes for a tarantula to find its prey?

Do a really quick brainstorming activity.

Jon
That is a great idea!! Thanks alot Jon!!!

James

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Honestly, it's hard to do such a thing in that time frame unless you are willing to do things you know aren't the right environment for the T's. Also, you need alot of the same species, and can you afford this?

Bill

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Honestly, it's hard to do such a thing in that time frame unless you are willing to do things you know aren't the right environment for the T's. Also, you need alot of the same species, and can you afford this?

Bill

I will be purchasing 5 curlyhairs at 1/4" and i can afford this! I will not force them to eat, i will figure out the procedure, ect.! Thanks,

James