Help please!

Amr17

Arachnopeon
I just recieved a sling GBB last night, my first T, I let it stay in the condiment cup it came in last night as there was a misunderstanding about the size and I had too large of an enclosure set up. I moved her today into the slightly larger enclosre below. When I moved her she looked perfectly healthy and was darting around as fast as can be, her back colors looked healthy as the 1st picture, now 4 hours later I went to check on her and see about feeding and she is dead, and there is a bald spot on her back? What did I do wrong??? Her substrate is dry coconut fiber eco earth, she has been in here for no more than 4 hours, there are 8 holes in the lid/side, I made sure not to spray to make it wet as i've heard thats super dangerous, what happened???

Attachments

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Are you sure its dead? It appears that there is no water dish? After T's are shipped they can easily get dehydrated. While you don't need to soak the enclosure for this species it still needs water to drink. One damp side or a water bottle cap would do.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Look closer its not on its back its stress curled probably dehydrated
It's hard to make out in the picture ,,, it's quite blurry.

And that's no reason to mark my message disagree.... my statement is accurate. "If it's on its back leave it alone"

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
It's hard to make out in the picture ,,, it's quite blurry.

And that's no reason to mark my message disagree.... my statement is accurate. "If it's on its back leave it alone"
Didn't disagree with statement only the incorrect assessment,Peace ;)

Amr17

Arachnopeon
It was my understanding that they shpuldnt have a bottle cap or water bowl ubtilthey are bigger than the cap- I thought at this size we were only supposed to do a few ear droppers full in one corner. And they get the rest of water from food? Is this wrong?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Tarantula slings float they cant drown in a tiny water bottle cap and while they do get most of their moisture requirements from prey items in the wild, they are not shipped across the country in a paper towel lined package either. They experience "shipping shock" and can arrive very stressed and dehydrated. its always safer to have a water dish just in case its needed.

Are you sure its passed?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It was my understanding that they shpuldnt have a bottle cap or water bowl ubtilthey are bigger than the cap- I thought at this size we were only supposed to do a few ear droppers full in one corner. And they get the rest of water from food? Is this wrong?
Put a little sized water dish (a plastic water bottle cap or something is fine) inside.

kmhvmh

Arachnopeon
my 1.5 inch GBB sling is fine in its enclosure. I use a beer bottle cap for water with a nice hide. Spray water on their webbing if you don't want to use a dish. mine is very active and loves the setup. all spiders need some water.

Attachments

TheSpiderChick

Arachnopeon
Right, but I was hoping if it got rehydrated or something. (seemed unlikely, but...) Sad story.