Help please?

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Right the deal is I have a 8 inch Nhandu Tripepii female well I have 2 some of you may have seen some pictures in other threads, now I was out for a couple of hours and have come home looked in on the Tripepii and there is one leg dangling from the mesh in the exo terra enclosure roof and one sick looking Tripepii with the goo coming out of her abdomen obviously fallen whilst climbing which I have never seen her do climb that is.

My question is there anything I can do for her shall I let nature take its coarse or shall I brick her?

Thanks

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You can try to repair the wound with superglue and put her in an ICU, but it sounds pretty bad :(

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah this is what I fear and I don't like anything to suffer, she is currently perched up on the water bowl this is where I gently moved her just in case a drink may help but probably clutching at straws here.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
Right the deal is I have a 8 inch Nhandu Tripepii female well I have 2 some of you may have seen some pictures in other threads, now I was out for a couple of hours and have come home looked in on the Tripepii and there is one leg dangling from the mesh in the exo terra enclosure roof and one sick looking Tripepii with the goo coming out of her abdomen obviously fallen whilst climbing which I have never seen her do climb that is.

My question is there anything I can do for her shall I let nature take its coarse or shall I brick her?

Thanks
why not try putting flour on the wound it will clot it persay because i wzas reading the tkg and it said it will help

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah this is what I fear and I don't like anything to suffer, she is currently perched up on the water bowl this is where I gently moved her just in case a drink may help but probably clutching at straws here.
Either way you're going to have to do something fast to seal the wound or she will bleed out.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I'm going to do the flour thing now, her legs are pulsating now I don't think I can help her

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Stick her in the freezer. a rupture on abdomen and a leg licking means that she most likely die.

Next time put on more substrate, or tape on the corners of the mesh.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Stick her in the freezer. a rupture on abdomen and a leg licking means that she most likely die.

Next time put on more substrate, or tape on the corners of the mesh.
Yes I mean she had a lot of substrate and only fell 5 inch's but she has a huge abdomen on her and that distance was all it took which I find odd because her leg span is more than this and her abdomen would of touched the substrate only thing I can think of is she trapped one of her legs and struggled maybe, she fell from the middle of the enclosure.

She is in a ICU but I think she will die and I don't want her to suffer if Tarantulas do suffer I do not know.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Update: She is still with us the leaking of the abdomen has stopped and looks to of dried and crusted up, she has been moving about in the ICU still maybe some hope for her but she is not ready to expire just yet.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Hey hope she pulls through!

8 inch!? i love the way some of you guys mesure!
In my languge we will say you used a 'tolly' tape its
the same tape we use to mesure our you know what! lol

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
hey hope she pulls through!

8 inch!? I love the way some of you guys mesure!
In my languge we will say you used a 'tolly' tape its
the same tape we use to mesure our you know what! Lol
yea i know what you mean.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Update: She has died I did try I am felling really pissed right now.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
A damn i was hoping for a happy ending.

I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cleaned her tank out earlier won't be the same without her in there, looking at another T any suggestions the enclosure is a 30x30x30 cube?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Darn,that sucks man,I am sorry. Get another tripepii. Not enough out there IMHO.And to whomever was doubting the size earlier,they CAN get that large.We have 2 that are pushing that size.One is a 7.5 inch male that is not even mature yet.Our female is going to molt any minute now,and it would not shock me one bit if she hits 7 and 3/4.