Help! please!

jrink

Arachnopeon
i have an imperator that is showing some strange behavior, she is in a pre-molt stage. She has become increasingly agitated as of late, showing some strange behavior. She is moving around her cage rapidly, flailing her tail non stop, and bumping into the sides of the cage. Anyone have any idea what may the cause of this/ what may be going on? shes my first scorp, and im really worried about her :(

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Scorpions that are close to a molt do not behave like that, they suppost to become inactive, sluggish and slow in their movements. Opposite of the behaviour you are describing. This has nothing to do with pre molt.
Like you say, this is agitated/stress behaviour. You could read up a bit more so that you are able to asses the behaviour of your scorpion.

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Describe how you've been keeping her; substrate type, humidity levels (damp or dry substrate) and temps. Something is definitely not right. Now, if she had a load of scorplings on her back then I would say she was acting extremely defensive.... which female imperators do when caring for young.

Let us know.

Jeff