HELP. PLEASE. My florida tailless whipscorpion had babies.

Savageserpents

Arachnopeon
So i have had my whipscorpion (Phrynus marginemaculatus) about 6 months, and she has been doing great. But out of nowhere there are a bunch of babies running around her enclosure. They have been in there for a week or so, and they seem to be doing fine, but I dont want to mess anything up. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance...

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Okay, first of all, stay calm, and congratulations! This species is one of the very few amblypygi species that can be kept communally with relatively little risk of cannibalism, provided they have sufficient space, hiding spots, and food.

The babies will scavenge fresh kill, so if you don't have anything small enough for them right away, you can pre-kill some crickets or whatever and drop them in. For live prey, they'll take flightless fruit flies and pinhead crickets and similar-sized prey.

They will need more space, of course, and a whole lot of surfaces to climb on. If you don't have a large enough enclosure at hand, you can separate them into individual deli cups or transfer in small groups if what you have on hand is more appropriately sized for an adult.

Transferring should be fairly simple - just use a paintbrush or something to coax them up onto your (clean) hand or a piece of styrofoam or cork, then move that to the new enclosure.

Care of the babies is basically identical to care of adults, though you might want to be a bit more careful about maintaining moisture levels in the enclosures, as they will dessicate more easily when young, and will be moulting more frequently than an adult.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Congrats on the babies! Luckily you are in the right place and once they have molted succesfully a few times you are her on AB and there is the classified section where you can sell some them should you decide not to keep all of them and folks like @Albireo Wulfbooper im sure might be able to help you out with preparing them for shipping and how to go about caring or sending some tykes out if you so choose.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Congrats on the babies! Luckily you are in the right place and once they have molted succesfully a few times you are her on AB and there is the classified section where you can sell some them should you decide not to keep all of them and folks like @Albireo Wulfbooper im sure might be able to help you out with preparing them for shipping and how to go about caring or sending some tykes out if you so choose.
You’d have to ask someone else for packing instructions, but there are definitely a number of people here who have experience with that, and of course we’re happy to answer any care-related questions!

cwebster

Arachnopeon
Would love to purchase one as our phrynus is aging out. We adore her. She is five years old.