Help please. Male or female? Overfed!?!?

Champeon

Arachnopeon
My husband just got this Asian forest scorpion this past Sunday it’s the first one he has had for about 7 years.. we are curious if it’s a boy or girl but I’m more concerned cause it looks like it might explode... the back side looks like the skeleton has broke. The pet store had give it 2 crickets it had only ate one before we got it brought it home and a day after it ate the 2nd so my hubby dropped 2 more which were smaller then the 1st 2. And he snatch them quick so he gave it 2 more and it snatch those quick too. I made him stop once I realize the scorpion had it’s side big cause I wasn’t sure about overfed... I keep seeing mixed things on the internet so if anyone could help I’d appreciate i F0CAA4FE-DFCA-4B68-ADCA-A605ABCAEF4F.jpeg E5A0215C-C8B8-4CE7-9388-C28F851D5BF0.jpeg 14827961-F132-4BAD-8BCB-46D9AFF37261.jpeg

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnoknight
First you determine the exact species, and then you might be able to sex it.
That bulge looks like a constipation issue. If you keep the enclosure warm and humid enough it should cure by itself. It could also be damage to some internal organs, but a vet won't do churgery on a scorpion anyway so let's just assume it's constipated. I would recommend a temperature of 28-30°C at daytime and a relative humidity of >75%. Heterometrus species (AFS) require a bit more substrate because they are diggers. Make sure it also has a bath. Heat the enclosure from the side or top, not the bottom.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnosquire

Champeon

Arachnopeon
First you determine the exact species, and then you might be able to sex it.
That bulge looks like a constipation issue. If you keep the enclosure warm and humid enough it should cure by itself. It could also be damage to some internal organs, but a vet won't do churgery on a scorpion anyway so let's just assume it's constipated. I would recommend a temperature of 28-30°C at daytime and a relative humidity of >75%. Heterometrus species (AFS) require a bit more substrate because they are diggers. Make sure it also has a bath. Heat the enclosure from the side or top, not the bottom.
I do know it is a Asian forest scorpion. We are having issues keeping the humidity up. Any suggestions??

Champeon

Arachnopeon
Here’s a picture from this morning it’s only about a year or 2 old 7C07C53D-531F-4BE5-B876-659D49CFFC20.jpeg

Dr SkyTower

Arachnosquire
They don't need to be fed every day, they can go for a long time between feedings. I'd say feed this one once a week after that bulge has gone down... like others have said on here it could be fecal impaction/constipation. It looks like an Asian forest scorpion, probably petersii, and from what I can see in the pic of its underside, the pectine teeth look quite short so it's probably a female.

darkness975

dream reaper
Arachnosupporter
Hopefully it passes that constipation.

For humidity, cover half to 3/4 of the lid with saran wrap. That will help retain moisture. Just don't let it stagnate in there.

@Champeon

Champeon

Arachnopeon
They don't need to be fed every day, they can go for a long time between feedings. I'd say feed this one once a week after that bulge has gone down... like others have said on here it could be fecal impaction/constipation. It looks like an Asian forest scorpion, probably petersii, and from what I can see in the pic of its underside, the pectine teeth look quite short so it's probably a female.
Yes it is a Asian forest and When we got it from the pet store it had a cricket with it the day after we brought it home it ate it while we were out come back to see him finishing it so my husband gave it 2 more they were smaller then the first one he wasn’t sure if one was enough and since it grabbed both so quick so he gave it 2 more it snatched those and then I noticed the bulge so I told him to stop cause wasn’t sure what was going on. So it was all in a day. He said he read to feed till they stopped but that bulge didn’t seem normal. He has since burrowed into the ground hasn’t been up for a day