HELP! Please Identify My T's

krisnawardana

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, my name is Krisna and i just new in this forum,
i got some Tarantulas from my friend and its locality from Kalimantan Indonesia or Borneo, and all is wild cought
What do you think of this T guys? is it Lampropelma sp "borneo black" or Lampropelma sp. or Ornihthoctoninae G.sp."Orange Fringed" or another species??
please help me..

6,5inches LS

5inches LS

Regards,
Krisna

krisnawardana

Arachnopeon

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nope, not H. minax... Actually, I can't be of much help to you as I'm not especially knowledgeable on these Asian species. Haplo, Lampro, Ornithocto... they all tend to look kind of the same. Being wild caught, it's always possible that you have a local species that isn't even in the US (or other) hobby.

In any case, those are some fantastic specimens you have there! Especially the first one, she is huge!

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Of course this is not H.minax bro, they were cought in borneo kalimantan indonesia.. thanks bro.

anyone else can help me..
Sorry, I hadn't been paying close enough attention to your post. I was just thinking looks. :-/

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
They both look like Borneo Blacks, Lampropelma Borneo, with the 1st an almost 100% I.D of a female, and the 2nd I'd say I'm 75% sure it's a male. The males don't have the Black beauty of the female. I'm getting 1 of these next month myself. The females are gorgeous.

krisnawardana

Arachnopeon
They both look like Borneo Blacks, Lampropelma Borneo, with the 1st an almost 100% I.D of a female, and the 2nd I'd say I'm 75% sure it's a male. The males don't have the Black beauty of the female. I'm getting 1 of these next month myself. The females are gorgeous.
they are both sold as borneo black tarantula, but im not sure yet.. and thanks for helping bro..
anyone else can be more sure what is this sp??
sorry for my bad english..

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow that first one is a beauty :drool:

I'm curious as to how you can just look at them and tell.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Wow that first one is a beauty :drool:

I'm curious as to how you can just look at them and tell.
Well the Borneo Black has the sexual dimorphism, with the female being the awesome Black coloration and the male having the tannish look to it. And she said they were both sold as such, and the 1st definitely looks female, and the 2nd has the identical abdomen markings with the tannish coloration, so that's why I'd say it's a male.

Plus this is my 2nd favorite species aside from the G. Pulchra {D

AprilH

Petridish
Old Timer
Well the Borneo Black has the sexual dimorphism, with the female being the awesome Black coloration and the male having the tannish look to it. And she said they were both sold as such, and the 1st definitely looks female, and the 2nd has the identical abdomen markings with the tannish coloration, so that's why I'd say it's a male.

It shows in this species before the maturing molt? I don't see enough of a difference to see what you are seeing, besides that one is maybe due for a molt sooner.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

So they exhibit sexual dimorphism before their ultimate molt?

They are very nice nonetheless.

krisnawardana

Arachnopeon
Thanks all, but that still not help me yet..

any idea about this sp?? im not pro to determining tarantula species and i dont want to tell wrong to everyone if next time i will sell it.. :( :(

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
It shows in this species before the maturing molt? I don't see enough of a difference to see what you are seeing, besides that one is maybe due for a molt sooner.
The OP asked for someone who could identify the T for them, and I did. Why is this turning into a thread about maturing molts? No one else assisted as of yet. The photo shows clearly this is a Lampropelma sp (Borneo Black) female with more than likely a male also of the same species. The photo speaks for itself here, at least the 1st one does definitely.

Every tarantula doesn't have to wait until it's maturing molt to reveal it's final color phase. Not sure what it is you don't see. The females of this species will start to show the black coloring as juvies while the males will remain in the tannish or brownish coloration. And in the photo that female is large enough and has molted enough to show who she really is. :razz:

To the OP if no one else chimes in here, try sending these pics to a few major Dealers and they'll gladly assist you better.

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Neither of these spiders is Haplopelma minax, Lampropelma violaceopes or Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black. Both appear to be part of the Ornithoctoninae sp. Orange fringe / Haplopelma doriae / Ornithoctoninae sp. Kalimantan group. And they are not closely related to Poecilotheria, keep them like you would a Haplopelma. See Thomas and Sørens website:

http://sites.google.com/site/asianarboreals/asianarboreals

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The Lampropelma sp. have wider scopulate pads, as with most or all other arboreal species, which these spiders don't, indicating one of the terrestrial species. The only terrestrial species coming out of Kalimantan lately from the Ornithoctoninae are the species I have mentioned. Also, take a look at the abdominal patterning on the L. sp. Borneo Black, and compare to the species in question. And Lampropelma aren't often available as wild caughts, at least, not nearly as much as the terrestrial species, due to ease of collection.

And as for Poecilotheria, nice edit ;)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definitely not a Lampropelma, as scourge notes, these don't have the widened scopula. Looks like a Haplo but from location, is probably an Ornithoctinus sp. Beautiful T though!

Arachnos

Arachnopeon
I guess I would have to agree. All of the Lampropelma pics I have seen do have the widened scopulate pads so that rules them out.

Haplopelma doriae, Ornithoctoninae sp.(Both found in the Kalimantan region) or some form of the Ornithoctoninae subfamily seems correct. Keeping them as Haplopelma's seems proper.

+2 because I was way off too start.(At least I was in the Ornithoctoninae family though) lol :wall:

Last edited: