Help. Please give me tip

Magicis3

Arachnosquire
Ive made a previous tread talking about my crickets have white dots. Ive looked close to it and theyre tiny white mites.

My Neoholothele incei het gold have them on her mouth. Is their any way i can get rid of them? Do i have to wait for next molt so it can be gone? Is a death sentance to her?

In my ~6years of keeping tarantulas this have nevered happened to me

20200716_030549.jpg

Pls leave and suggestions

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Use some corn starch and a thin brush, I promise you that it's going to be very funny.

ThatGuy83

Arachnopeon
Where did you get your crickets? The only thing I can think of is that she may shed them when she molts.

Magicis3

Arachnosquire
Last edited by a moderator:

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
There's absolutely no reason to dust them off. You're just going to irritate your T and/or risk hurting it.

They're almost 100% guaranteed to be grain mites. And even if by some bizarre chance they were some parasitic mite of crickets, they likely wouldn't go after your T. And would definitely not go after something as solid as the chelicerae.

They're just eating what food bits your T missed during cleanup, and will eventually abandon it once they realize there's nothing left. If you're really concern and want them off asap, put a piece of fruit or something in the enclosure, wait for them to swarm that, then remove the fruit. Repeat as necessary.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
If they are grain mites, then they're certainly annoying, but won't cause any serious harm. In large numbers they might annoy the tarantula. They're attracted to moisture and decaying material (which is why they're common in feeder colonies), and they'll sometimes hitch a ride on a tarantula or other animal in order to find food and suitable conditions. I agree with what PidderPeets said, you can try putting dog food or fruit pieces in the enclosure then remove it when the mites are attracted to it. You could TRY brushing them off but your tarantula probably isn't going to be too thrilled about it. They also don't survive in dry conditions. It might be impossible to completely get rid of them since they're almost everywhere in the environment, but you can try the best you can to reduce their numbers to a manageable level.

Magicis3

Arachnosquire
There's absolutely no reason to dust them off. You're just going to irritate your T and/or risk hurting it.

They're almost 100% guaranteed to be grain mites. And even if by some bizarre chance they were some parasitic mite of crickets, they likely wouldn't go after your T. And would definitely not go after something as solid as the chelicerae.

They're just eating what food bits your T missed during cleanup, and will eventually abandon it once they realize there's nothing left. If you're really concern and want them off asap, put a piece of fruit or something in the enclosure, wait for them to swarm that, then remove the fruit. Repeat as necessary.
If they are grain mites, then they're certainly annoying, but won't cause any serious harm. In large numbers they might annoy the tarantula. They're attracted to moisture and decaying material (which is why they're common in feeder colonies), and they'll sometimes hitch a ride on a tarantula or other animal in order to find food and suitable conditions. I agree with what PidderPeets said, you can try putting dog food or fruit pieces in the enclosure then remove it when the mites are attracted to it. You could TRY brushing them off but your tarantula probably isn't going to be too thrilled about it. They also don't survive in dry conditions. It might be impossible to completely get rid of them since they're almost everywhere in the environment, but you can try the best you can to reduce their numbers to a manageable level.
I am very very very grateful to you both you really carried all the stress off my shoulders. And I im truly really happy there was/is a solution. U guys have my up most respect and i am really really relieved now. I thought it was going to be a death sentence for the T. I am really thankful. 😊😊

-David

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I am very very very grateful to you both you really carried all the stress off my shoulders. And I im truly really happy there was/is a solution. U guys have my up most respect and i am really really relieved now. I thought it was going to be a death sentence for the T. I am really thankful. 😊😊

-David
No worries. That's what we're here for. :)

khalil

Arachnopeon
OP here is this thread that i think you should read