Help please! Found random scared animal

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
So tonight literally leaving my gf’s house we found a rodent crossing the road I stopped to see if it was okay but it doesn’t look like a rat, mouse, hamster, I wonder if it’s someone’s pet. Anyways it was blowing wind hard and not moving much. I couldn’t leave it out in the elements but here’s the best pics I could get. Luckily my gf had an extra rodent enclosure can anyone tell me what this is? Pet or wild animal? It seemed to want me to pick it up it didn’t run and it hid in my armpit when I was holding it. I live in Utah.
6A114FFA-0FF9-4CC7-BD15-BD5A878703E9.jpeg 4EEE2B5B-DA7F-444F-B864-1030F65A01C4.jpeg

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Put it back outside. That thing will stress and die quickly in captivity.

looks like meadow vole

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Looks like a degu but I really don’t know.‘I’d recommend looking for a vet or a wildlife rescue

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
Put it back outside. That thing will stress and die quickly in captivity.

looks like meadow vole
I did google that and it has resemblances to a meadow vole, I don’t plan on keeping it as a pet, it didn’t run from me and seemed to come to me when I picked it up just seemed abnormal for a wild animal who would probably prefer to run. I’ll put some coco fiber food and water and will release somewhere safe tomorrow morning, it’s 12:30am right now xD thanks my man.

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
From those photos I'm struggling as to how any positive ID can be made.
Indeed it was late and hard to get a good one, the top of that enclosure doesn’t come off, and since I was worried it might have been wild I couldn’t get bitten, my man Poon nailed it pretty good it seemed though

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Hey! I've kept rats, and their care is pretty similar to other rodents so I thought I would share. I recommend cloth/fleece on the bottom, and I would add a couple hides (cardboard boxes work well) It depends on your area, but in mine feeding wild animals is illegal, and it probably won't eat for you so I wouldn't get any food. Make sure to change water often, since they will often get hair in it, or pull any loose fabric over it. Most of the time you see rodents out and about during the day, they are very sick. You could bring it to an animal shelter, but I would personally release it.

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
Hey! I've kept rats, and their care is pretty similar to other rodents so I thought I would share. I recommend cloth/fleece on the bottom, and I would add a couple hides (cardboard boxes work well) It depends on your area, but in mine feeding wild animals is illegal, and it probably won't eat for you so I wouldn't get any food. Make sure to change water often, since they will often get hair in it, or pull any loose fabric over it. Most of the time you see rodents out and about during the day, they are very sick. You could bring it to an animal shelter, but I would personally release it.
Thanks, I did end up releasing it last night after it made a little fuss, so hopefully he’s doing okay, and tries to cross less public streets haha

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@Irithyllian Now do yourself a favor and undertake a major cleaning effort to eradicate fleas. Bubonic plaque is quite common in the US and is often the cause that wild animals appear friendly, - they are very ill. Yersinia is not your friend.

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
@Irithyllian Now do yourself a favor and undertake a major cleaning effort to eradicate fleas. Bubonic plaque is quite common in the US and is often the cause that wild animals appear friendly, - they are very ill. Yersinia is not your friend.
Yes! If rodents are out and about during the day, they can also have rabies. It's actually more common than you'd think.