Help on sexing pokies and random pics

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is the best pic I can get of the P metallica. Can anyone tell if it's a male or female?

P ornata 1, this one is more greenish in color. Can anyone tell if it's a male or female?

P ornata 2, same sac mate, not as green. Sex?

P regalis communal, there are 9 of them in there. They have been together for 9 months+.

Last edited:

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Random pics

I figure it's time to practice picture taken skills. Sorry, some of the pics are a bit blurry.

Female B boehmei

Juvie female M mesomela

Juvie female GBB

Group of females B klaasi. I think I am going to rehouse them soon.

And my favorite stockings.

madamwlf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice Ts but um....you don't give them much room for moving, do you?

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
id feel bad if i kept my klaasi in that small of an enclosure... xD
but i guess what works works.
P. regalis never chomped on eachother :0 i would if i was that confined. lol

i dont think you can really tell without ventrals or molt shots... although i am not too sure on the sexual diformism of those two so who knows...

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm kinda limited on space. I didn't plan on them getting so big so quickly, time flies... Some of them have been in the same enclosures for a while, I just don't have time to move them. They will end up in the home like this shoe box.

She hasn't molted in 2 years.

Last edited:

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you don't have the room I'd take a female Klaasi off your hands:D. Call me crazy but judging by the carapace pattern of your P. Metallica, I believe it's a female. The rest are impossible to tell unless ventrally.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You seem to have enough time to post on these boards, and wondering the sex of the spiders. ;)
These are little lives in your hands. Take care of them nicely.

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you don't have the room I'd take a female Klaasi off your hands:D.
Don't you just hate it when you buy a few ts and they turned to be mostly females?

Call me crazy but judging by the carapace pattern of your P. Metallica, I believe it's a female. The rest are impossible to tell unless ventrally.
I hope you are right. The pokies don't like to be disturbed much, esp the metallica. They just want to hide. I'll have to try taking better dorsal pictures of them later. I'm not sure if I can do the ventral shots. The container walls are pretty much webbed up.

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You seem to have enough time to post on these boards, and wondering the sex of the spiders. ;)
These are little lives in your hands. Take care of them nicely.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I do take good care of my spiders.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes maybe you do , but they can NOT be in enclosures that small . Its like us living in a room for the rest of our lives . HOW big are those enclosures anyways ? I would put them in a large KK .

xjak3yx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah the b.klaasi T's need a bigger enclosure now.. try and get some shots from underneath the abdomens of the spiders that you need sexing. i know its hard as you have some heavy webbing spiders there :)

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
The containers a way too small for Ts that big . It's like keeping a German Sheppard in a walk-in closet . Remember the rule of thumb is three times by two times as wide as the Ts leg span .