help on G.Actaeon

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its been more than a week since i purchased my 2 1" Actaeons. i already tried searching the net for care sheets of this certain sp.:wall: but i cant seem to find one. can anyone help me on this? of course its a grammostola specie so i just have to provide a water dish right?:confused: i noticed also that they don't eat that much. i dont know if its in pre molt because their color is somewhat blue while the abdomen is redish. anyone knows what color it would turn out on pre molt stage? im sorry im very unfamiliar wd this specie. owners of G.actaeons please help me out, share your knowledge about this certain sp. any comments and suggestions will surely help. :D :D :D

Last edited:

EricFavez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I do not own one of these ...but i can tell you keep it like pretty much any other terrestrial sp. Yes it does need a water dish...and a hide would work as well. With a couple inches of substrate and i imagine everything will be fine.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i own an actaeon sling now and have owned two adult females in the past. bluish-black and red is their sling coloration. as adults they turn black with blue highlights. they get duller in premolt, especially the red abdomen.

as for care: easy ;)
just give them enough substrate to burrow, slings somtimes do that, and keep them slightly moister than you'd keep a rosea. i overflow their waterdishes once a week, that should suffice. but make sure that they always have access to water.

these are not exactly great eaters when not freshly molted - at least my females weren't. my sling eats regularly though. but feeding them once a week with one or two smalish prey items is plenty, even for growing slings.

they don't use their hides often, but provinding one is certainly good, as they will retreat to molt.

syph

Arachnopeon
I have one bout the same size as urs doesnt seem to need any specific requirements mine has ample space to burrow but hasnt. seems quite content sitting about, eats every time i feed it (every 3 days) thats all i can comment on only had it 3 months...molted once

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I do not have one but If you have any other Grammostola sp. keep them like you keep the others.