Help! New taratula sling when expecting adult

Amr17

Arachnopeon
Hello! I just recieved a baby greenbottle blue T. I was anticipating an adult!! I did not have a sling enclosure ready. Wpuld this size enclosure be okay for a baby this size?? 20170421_191527.jpg received_10155318933144216.jpeg

user 666

Arachnobaron
The condiment cup is just about the right width, although I wish it were taller.

The kritter keeper in the photo is far too big.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I hope that, at least, you didn't payed a sling the price of an adult female (just saying, don't want to know your business).

As user 666 said, frankly, that KK is way too big. I would use that little cup for the moment, buying ASAP something similar, a bit larger and taller.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
If you can confirm you were charged for an adult you should contact the seller immediately. Even if you want to keep it you deserve a refund of the difference. In reality you also deserve a little extra store credit as well since you will have to now pay full shipping again to order another adult T.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
A well ventilated 16oz or 32oz deli container with fake plant leaves will do just fine for the GBB sling.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Wpuld this size enclosure be okay for a baby this size??
I would be concerned that a small sling might squeeze through the gaps in the Kritter Keeper's lid.

At that size, you can use a deli cup. At 2", I upgraded my GBB sling to a small Exo Terra Breeding Box (8" x 8" x 5.5").

user 666

Arachnobaron
A well ventilated 16oz or 32oz deli container with fake plant leaves will do just fine for the GBB sling.
If you have a pint deli cup, that would really be the best option.

The current condiment cup isn't tall enough, and it's really not a good idea to try to add substrate and decorations while the T is in residence. It's going to escape.

Lessej

Arachnopeon
I'd say at that size sling, with the critter keeper there may be a chance for an escape. I would definitely recommend the deli cup or getting a clear acrylic container if you want something that looks slick. A baseball/softball/model car case from the Hobby Lobby store works well; just drill air holes.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
That will work but you will end up rehousing again in one to two molts. You could easily go twice that size in height and floor space. GBB's are great hunters and wont have any trouble finding prey in a larger enclosure. make sure you give it fake plants/anchor points for webbing its hide and a water dish.