Help! New spider mom worried about b. Hamorii

itisceline

Arachnopeon
Okay i’m so sorry it’s me again haha. So couple days ago i got the advice to make a pre-burrow for my Hamorii sling. That same night she started digging and the little one made a nice burrow that goes all the way to the back of the enclosure. She also closed the entrance of the burrow and I know I have to leave her alone. I think it’s pre-molt because she refused food 2 days ago and her last molt was aug 19th. I dont touch her enclosure btw just in case. I just checked on her with my camera on my phone to see if i can see anything on the back of the enclosure and I saw her but her abdomen looks bald out of nowhere? Is she stressed? Is it something else? I’m just a bit worried :( Yesterday when she didnt close the entrance yet she looked normal. I’ll add a pic how she looked like before and how it is now as far as you can see it of course.

Attachments

Hafi

Arachnopeon
Don't worry about it, just sounds like she's going to molt soon. The hair will be back after the molting process. Keep the water dish full and leave her be :)

itisceline

Arachnopeon
Don't worry about it, just sounds like she's going to molt soon. The hair will be back after the molting process. Keep the water dish full and leave her be :)
Aw okay, i'm glad to hear that. TY!! I think she started kicking hairs in the burrow im so confused it happened in the middle of the night while she was digging. Also about the water dish, since she closed the entrance completely will tarantula's remember that there is a water dish in their enclosure so she will dig out to drink?

Hafi

Arachnopeon
I think she started kicking hairs in the burrow im so confused it happened in the middle of the night while she was digging.
I believe some will spread around their hairs before a molt to "secure the perimeter" for a safer molting process (keeps predators away and all that).
She probably won't dig out to drink before she finishes moulting but that's fine. She's got plenty of water stored up to get her through the moulting and hardening. Just don't dig her out yourself or anything like that. If she's thirsty she'll find the water.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
time for you to wait and watch. She's got this as long as she isn't stressed

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
Textbook premolt behavior don’t worry one bit:) I used to STRESS over my spiders at the beginning of being in the hobby and trust me, most of the time it is completely unwarranted.

itisceline

Arachnopeon
I believe some will spread around their hairs before a molt to "secure the perimeter" for a safer molting process (keeps predators away and all that).
She probably won't dig out to drink before she finishes moulting but that's fine. She's got plenty of water stored up to get her through the moulting and hardening. Just don't dig her out yourself or anything like that. If she's thirsty she'll find the water.
Super helpful! Well all of you of cours, I find it very interesting to know more behind their behavior and very interesting to read these type of things. I will leave her alone and let her do her thing, Many thanks!!! :)

Textbook premolt behavior don’t worry one bit:) I used to STRESS over my spiders at the beginning of being in the hobby and trust me, most of the time it is completely unwarranted.
TY! :D I know right, its just you want to do everything perfect, so that they're okay and safe lol. I'll leave her alone and see what happens ty

time for you to wait and watch. She's got this as long as she isn't stressed
Thanks again Matt you've been so helpful! I'll leave her alone and wait :D

USNGunner

Arachnosquire
Wait. This is my grandson's. It's been down there almost a month now. Patience grasshopper. Patience. :geek:

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Also about the water dish, since she closed the entrance completely will tarantula's remember that there is a water dish in their enclosure so she will dig out to drink?
Keep in mind, tarantulas don't drink often, if it was going to drink, it would have done so prior to burrowing....now that it's sealed in, it's there till after it molts...it doesn't need anything in the mean time

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Did you at least get to see it digging out it’s burrow? I had a sling burrow last week, first time I’ve seen one in person and it was fascinating. It chose the water dish as the dumping ground.