Help needed

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm picking up a T at my LPS Friday. They told me it was a tiger rump (C. fasciatum.) Well it's not and I have no clue what it is. It's still small ~2". I couldn't get a pic, but I can post pics Friday. I just really want to know what it is. It's a terrestrial NW. It has a black carapace, and a "tiger" stripes on it's abdomen, the abdomen is beige with black stripes and the hair between the abdomen and carapace is a reddish/orange. Any ideas?

So what species have a black carapace and "tiger" striping as slings/juveniles?

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
One of our LPS has a T labeled the same that clearly is not a C. faciatum as well. I could not get a good enough look at it to ID it. I do not know that it would be the same specie however as I am in BC Canada and it seems unlikely that they came from the same uneducated wholesaler.

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
Could it be a juvenile GBB? The carapace being black though, probably not, but they DO have some cool tiger like markings on theirt abdomen as little dudes...

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Any chance it is a Haplopelma longipes? That is what I believe the one at my LPS is. Common name is Vietnamese Tiger so I can see them messing that up.
Depending on the last time it molted the carapace could certainly be very black and the abdomen is beige/tan with black banding.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is a NW terrestrial, possible dwarf.
Carapace is flat black, only part on it that is black.
Legs/abdomen are beige.
Abdomen has black "tiger" striping
Hairs are orangish.
Hairs between carapace and abdomen are red/orange and are brighter than the other hairs.
Small U hair patch.
Around 2".

My first guess was some type of Euathlus.

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Im stumped. I hope you get a good photo if you pick her up. I would be very interested in knowing what it is especially if it is indeed a dwarf as I have a soft spot for them.

Sorry I could not have been more help.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If it makes sense the colors are swapped compared to that of like a Cyriocosmus. Like Cyriocosmus look like a black abdomen with the orange pattern on it. This spider has a beige abdomen with the black pattern on it. If that makes sense

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm starting to think it's a Neostenotarsus species. Does anyone have any experience with these?