Help needed with unknown millipede setup

The Creepy Lair

Arachnopeon
Hi Arachnoboards,
I found in the wild a millipede, it’s about3-5 cm long and I don’t knowthe species(found in Lisbon, Portugal. 1st:can anyone help me id it?
2nd: How should I keep it?
Thanks in advance and stay safe,
Thomas

The Mantis Menagerie

Arachnobaron
Hi Arachnoboards,
I found in the wild a millipede, it’s about3-5 cm long and I don’t knowthe species(found in Lisbon, Portugal. 1st:can anyone help me id it?
2nd: How should I keep it?
Thanks in advance and stay safe,
Thomas
I am not sure on ID, but the thread linked below should be a good starting place for care. Simply put, millipedes typically need moist substrate with decaying organic matter. There are some species that like certain supplemental foods, but until you get an ID, a general millipede habitat should keep it alive.

The Creepy Lair

Arachnopeon
Thank you, I have set it up with a water dish, substrate and a bit of banana. I need to get better setup

The Creepy Lair

Arachnopeon
Hi,
Thank you, that was the conclusion I ended up with. I let him in the dark for a few hours, and I think he started eating! The next I’ll have will def. be a Giant African Road millipede

Jack Blachura

Arachnopeon
You might want to be careful with having a water dish, they could drown in it! The little guy should get enough moisture from the substrate and treats you've been giving him :)