Help needed urgent!

FolicAcid

Arachnopeon
My Hadrurus is giving birth what do i do there are little white scorps in the substrate only 2 at the mo???

myles756

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey

put those babys in a small jar with a wet piece of papertowel no bigger than this smiley:} hurry they need warmth to be safe and be careful they are very fragile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

FolicAcid

Arachnopeon
Thanks i have done that do you know how long it takes to finish birthing the scorplings as she has only dropped 2 today??

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Leave them with the mom for a while. They need to get on her back if possible. If they can't they will probably die. If you interupted the process she might have stopped for the momment. I'd leave her alone for a while and hope the rest come out okay.

John

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
leave them on her back!!!

she's not even done giving birth
they haven't even molted yet either (hopefully they can)

Lucozade3000

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What hadrurus is it?
And as above, let her give birth in peace if not, she might cannibalise the whole lot.
Parturition can take from a few hours to a few days.
The "mother-child" bond is maintained by scent, if a young falls off the mom's back, she'll pick it up and help him regain its position.

Good luck and hope they'll all pass 2nd i...

-J

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When scorpions are giving birth there is one very simple rule;

leave them ALONE. and leave them for a week or two afterwards as well. NEVER remove them from the mother, they will die.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When scorpions are giving birth there is one very simple rule;

leave them ALONE. and leave them for a week or two afterwards as well. NEVER remove them from the mother, they will die.
I have to disagree! there is a chance now that the op has already messed with them he needs to wait till she has the rest and remove them they will not die just because they are not on her back he will have put them in a container with a slightly moist paper towl and heat and wait it out and when they molt try to feed prekilled crix

good luck op and keep us posted