help needed sexing B. Boehmei

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

I managed to get a few shots of the downside of my B. Boehmei today. I want to know if it's a male or a female. I attached some pictures so you can tell me.
If I had to guess, i'd say it's a female... The explaination is a little to hard for me to translate into english :?

I know the pics arent that good of quality, but it's better then nothing!

this one is kinda blurry

this should be the best of all to decide...

and another one, sorry for the big flash

TiA

Ðennis

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well, not that you ever came close to focusing on the epigastric furrow which is what we need a good look at to tell for sure ;), I would actually lean towards saying that's a boy. It looks like the book lungs and furrow make a straight line across the abdomen and there is no sign of sclerotization of the furrow either which is usually very evident on Brachypelma as small as 2".

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks like a triangle to me. Plus it almost looks like a lip and not a dot. I thought that was how you could tell it is a female. Am I wrong? I based this off of the 2nd picture.

Jon

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yep, same here Jon ...
But I'm no expert at it :)

Ðennis

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by dennie
Yep, same here Jon ...
But I'm no expert at it :)

Ðennis
Well, I'm no *expert* either but based on what I can actually see in the above photos, I can't make out any definite female characteristics. That is not to say it isn't a female, just telling what I can see. You may very well be the better judge in this case since you can actually get a in-focus look up close.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I will try to get some better pics of it. Since the spider doesnt sit on the glass much, and gets a little upset when you try to pick it up, I guess I just have to wait till its next mold....

Ðennie