Help needed - post moult issue b. Albop

Zspider

Arachnopeon
Hi my 5 year old female moulted in December, was a quick and full moult, however since then she has a hard shiny patch high on her abdomen,see photo, sorry not a great shot, possibly thinking some exuivum not come away, has anyone had any experience of this and what is her prognosis of a clean moult next time? Otherwise she's her usual self, eating and moving around as normal. IMG_0900.JPG

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Hi my 5 year old female moulted in December, was a quick and full moult, however since then she has a hard shiny patch high on her abdomen,see photo, sorry not a great shot, possibly thinking some exuivum not come away, has anyone had any experience of this and what is her prognosis of a clean moult next time? Otherwise she's her usual self, eating and moving around as normal. View attachment 229067
I think I can see what you're talking about, but really need a better pic. Is there some light you can shine in there?

Zspider

Arachnopeon
image.jpg
Hi my 5 year old female moulted in December, was a quick and full moult, however since then she has a hard shiny patch high on her abdomen,see photo, sorry not a great shot, possibly thinking some exuivum not come away, has anyone had any experience of this and what is her prognosis of a clean moult next time? Otherwise she's her usual self, eating and moving around as normal. View attachment 229067

Zspider

Arachnopeon
A better photo..... def not a mirror patch or bald from flicking.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
maybe its the picture, but that looks weird. it also looks like super heavy premolt. id let it be with a full water dish. probably fine.

Zspider

Arachnopeon
maybe its the picture, but that looks weird. it also looks like super heavy premolt. id let it be with a full water dish. probably fine.
Yes she seems fine eating, moving about, digging etc, I've never seen it before, she's my favourite so worried about her next moult even though it's several months away. Thanks anyway.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I don't know...to me it looks as if she kept some of her old exoskeleton. She's definitely healthy (and very cute). If it is exoskeleton it will be molted off. Don't see any bleeding. @sdsnybny what do you think?