Help needed! Hottentotta f. gentili

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello,
Recenty I purchased two young H. f. gentili. Everything seemed to be fine, but... A few days ago one of them died. I haven't a clue, due to what this thing happened. All I saw is that, they probably didn't eat anything so far. I saw them sting their prey, but they always left it untouched. Once, one of them tried to sting the cricket, but it couldn't do this at all - it started shaking and a few minutes leter it was dead... :( I saw that the second one has something on its chelicera, but I can't find out what could this be. Maybe the pics will help:

Can anybody help me? I don't want this little guy to die...

Andre2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hello,

I'm sorry that I can't answer you really, but it does look strange...
I wonder; are the chelicera complete? Maybe they were damaged during the previous molt, which obviously would be a big handicap while feeding...

It looks like the oral cavity is full of food remains...:?

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey,
I had the same thought after submitting the thread. I hope this isn't from a bad molt, because if so, there can be BIG problems with feeding.

Anyone else? Any suggestions?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
All I saw is that, they probably didn't eat anything so far. I saw them sting their prey, but they always left it untouched. ..
When you see this, they will generally die. I have had this happen before

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sad to hear this Brian... I was very happy when I got them. Ehh, well... Sh*t happens. I'll keep trying, maybe it'll eat someday. Thanks for the help Guys.
Matthew.