Help needed, C. cyaneopubescens

CarbonBasedLifeform

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This type of crap is why I order everything online and avoid pet stores. They don't just mistreat Ts, it's reptiles too. When I was a kid, I got these hatchling turtles (still have them today because I researched the heck out of them), I remember a couple of times picking up supplies that I had to interrupt an employee to customer conversation because I overheard some very inaccurate information about turtles. Stuff like they only grow to the size of the tank etc.

This kind of thing made me apply at the local petco when I was looking for my first job because I figured they needed someone who knew about reptiles because all of their reptiles were kept terribly. Needless to say the job instead went to a cute girl that could sell to the customer but did not know anything about animals. Really showed me what pet stores are really about.

Ever look through a petco or petsmart T care brochure? They recommend heat lamps, oversized tanks, sponges for water. It's all about selling as much crap as possible. This is why I don't even bother going into these stores anymore, and when I do I don't comment on the care of the animals because nothing changes. I just call an animal rights organization and report it. Usually nothing is done there either unless it is dogs or cats being mistreated.

horanjp

Arachnosquire
*scrolls through replies*

Single shots can be deceptive....have you checked the pedipalps for emboli? Could this be a MM nearly ready for retirement? Males really let themselves go during their final days in this world, and C. cyaneopubescens mature at a less than impressive size, as I discovered last year in my own collection.

What's under the hood????

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I am curious on how this poor spider is doing? .....Hopefully having better days.

elysium

Arachnosquire
It was a very stressful, yet rewarding process!
great job in nursing her back to health! are you now certain that it is a she?

did she end up losing a leg when she molted? i dont think i see the right leg 4.

Gretsch

Arachnopeon
Yep, she's a she and she did lose a leg while molting. Definitely strong and resilient as any other I've ever seen.