Help need idea for DIY incubator

MiaPow

Arachnosquire
I have an anole unexpectedly start laying eggs she must have been pregnant before I got her because I only had her for about week. I don’t own an incubator and I don’t want to leave them in the tank with her because they could get eaten by another female in the current tank, I know the temp should be between 80-85 and humidity should be around 80 for the egg, Im pretty sure the the substrate isn’t in that temp range but the perching area is. I at least want to give them an opportunity to live. Right now it’s in the same substrate the anoles are in and is in a plastic container inside a box, above the box is a light to provide heat for the eggs from what I read should be under the light about 12 hours but after I turn the light off the temp could possibly drop a little bellow 80. Does anyone know an easy DIY incubator?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Styrofoam cooler a fish tank heater and enough water to cover the heater by about 3 inches.. No clue how to hatch anole eggs though sorry..

Doug171

Arachnopeon
I have an anole unexpectedly start laying eggs she must have been pregnant before I got her because I only had her for about week. I don’t own an incubator and I don’t want to leave them in the tank with her because they could get eaten by another female in the current tank, I know the temp should be between 80-85 and humidity should be around 80 for the egg, Im pretty sure the the substrate isn’t in that temp range but the perching area is. I at least want to give them an opportunity to live. Right now it’s in the same substrate the anoles are in and is in a plastic container inside a box, above the box is a light to provide heat for the eggs from what I read should be under the light about 12 hours but after I turn the light off the temp could possibly drop a little bellow 80. Does anyone know an easy DIY incubator?

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure you can incubate anole eggs at room temp. I know that's the case for corn snakes and rat snakes from the same regions as anoles.

Abdulkarim Elnaas

Arachnosquire
If you go with the aquarium heater, be careful not to turn it on until its submerged. I believe it might crack if you let it heat up in the air.

MiaPow

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the info turned out to be a false alarm the egg was infertile. Not sure what it means other then that I have a female, first time I had anything like this happen. Is there any hidden meaning behind females laying infertile eggs when it applies to anoles?