Help! My Wife Is Going to Get Me Envenomated

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
By the looks of those and by what you say about yours as well as some other keepers descriptions you would think they are closer to Thrixopelma than grammostola
Well they have been classified scientifically. So for now they are Grammo, but we know how that can change.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Why does nobody breed the most desired T's? Thrixopelma cyaneolum is another elusive purchase like adult Euthalus Sp. Red's. Good luck on the shopping.
I don't know about the T.cyaneolum, but an E.sp.Red takes forever to grow up, i'm assuming that is what makes it a hard to get species, not enough adults at the moment for breeding the demand.

_scorpio_

Arachnopeon
Im in the process of collecting a few T. cyanoleum to breed in the UK now that i have found out my mystery tarantula is probably one of these. So far i have not found anyone else in this country with one, but the person who gave me mine allegedly got it as a CB sling.
Such a shame. If they were more available i would have loads of them, they are a great species. Calm, feed like a starved OBT, and lovely colours. Everyone should have one.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Depends on what thrix you have, everyone knows okerti, which is the sassy one of the group, while cyaneolum is the most calm species I have ever met.
I have 4 different species of Thrixopelma including cyaneolum, lagunas,Pruriens and sp cajamarca. My adult female cyaneolum is very calm but believe it or not my adult female sp cajamarca is even calmer. My lagunas behaviour is like ockerti it's got a bit of attitude and a feeding response like a Pamphobeteus.
My pruriens is really tiny so I don't know how it behaves yet

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
In regards to the S. raja => CLICKY

Gotta have to ask: If you don't want OWs, why didn't you get an Homoeomma sp. "blue", or a Thrixopelma cyaneolum? Or A. purpurea, T. violaceus...the list goes on. If you look around, you'll find plenty of NWs that are very pretty blueish :)

Aside from the above...it's really nothing else than caring for a NW - except that OWs usually don't fool around, are quicker to deliver a bite and lack urticating hairs. Oh, and many like to stay hidden almost the whole time :).