Help my sling isn’t moving

dianemarie

Arachnopeon
I just came home have had this A.avicularia for 1 year and she isn’t moving I tried giving her water

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I just came home have had this A.avicularia for 1 year and she isn’t moving I tried giving her water
We're going to need more details to assist.

When did it last molt?
Pictures of the Tarantula and enclosure?
Temperatures?

Dorifto

He who moists xD
In wich posture did you find your T? Post a picture, we could help you better.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Now that it’s been around 3 hours since OP posted, I think it’s safe to assume OP isn’t moving either. Send help.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Had it for a year and it's still a sling? Is that even possible? Hope they come back so we can try to help.

dianemarie

Arachnopeon
Been trying to attach photos

Had it for a year and it's still a sling? Is that even possible? Hope they come back so we can try to help.
Yes I got her at 1/4 inch she is now 1 and 1/2 inches very slow growing

Can you post some pics Diane ? Pics of entire enclosure and of the T
I can’t seem to get pics to go up but I got her to move a little put water on her mouth parts

She’s dead she was fine I went out for an hour came back and found her out of her web on the ground tried using water she was moving a leg or 2 but she stopped and isn’t moving anymore I am heartbroken ty all 4trying to help

This has been her enclosure her web is in the corner
this was her enclosure the last six months web in the upper corner

She’s not moving😭

This is my female to show I do know how to care for tarantulas, I have 22

We're going to need more details to assist.

When did it last molt?
Pictures of the Tarantula and enclosure?
Temperatures?
Last molt 42days ago wasn’t molting she ate 3 days ago, I have a spider room I keep warm Ty for caring

Now that it’s been around 3 hours since OP posted, I think it’s safe to assume OP isn’t moving either. Send help.
Sorry been online with my spider sponsor trying to save her

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Alien_Regalis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That tarantula doesn't look dead, looks like it's about to molt. Its legs are not curled under. Even though it molted 42 days ago, it could easily be molting again.

Also, what is a "spider sponsor"?

Last edited:
Hi
I lost an avic lately due to moult failure and did not curl up.I am leaning towards that is gone if it is not moving while on its back.Drop a bit of water on it mouth and leave it be on piece of DRY towel in its enclosure for few days.
Sling that small moults quite fast(few hours tops)
Regards Konstantin

dianemarie

Arachnopeon
Hi
I lost an avic lately due to moult failure and did not curl up.I am leaning towards that is gone if it is not moving while on its back.Drop a bit of water on it mouth and leave it be on piece of DRY towel in its enclosure for few days.
Regards Konstantin
Ty

That tarantula doesn't look dead, looks like it's about to molt. Its legs are not curled under. Even though it molted 42 days ago, it could easily be molting again.

Also, what is a "spider sponsor"?
I have someone who has hundreds of tarantulas also breeds them that answers my questions and helps me its like in AA you get a sponsor believe me she is invaluable . She wasn’t on her back until I put her there her abdomen was hanging from her web and when I touched her with a paintbrush she fell onto the substrate I took her out and put her on her back to give her water that’s all she was not on her back ty for your advice

Ty for caring

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Hi
Regards Konstantin
I agree, slings often don't go into full death curl. Here's a picture of a sling that was received doa, which I was absolutely gutted about (not an Avic but helps to illustrate). In fact, when I opened its shipping container I initially thought it was in a stress pose:

IMG_20200512_202734.jpg

I am sorry for your loss. It's awful.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
I'm very sorry for your loss, and I apologize if my original comment was insensitive, I just thought they grew faster than that. It's great that you have an experienced person as a spider sponsor and since you have many other tarantulas I'm sure you already know that sometimes things just happen no matter how good your husbandry is. I don't see anything from your set ups that would point to anything you did wrong, your enclosures look quite nice.