HELP! My rose hair got bit during breeding!

prettycrazy

Arachnopeon
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but IDK and I need help now! I was introducing my mature male into my m. females tank. He got spooked by something and bumped her, and she freaked and grabbed him. It took me about 30 seconds but I got them separated, he's hurt (limping), and I put him in the traditional ICU because IDK what else to do.

What do I do? I don't want to loose him if I have a chance to save him. He's not dismembered or oozing liquid, but he's definitely hurt.

DeanK

Arachnosquire
ICU is a bad idea. He's not dehydrated so putting him in that overly moist container could kill him. Just leave him in his enclosure and let nature do what it will do. At this point there's not much else you can do IMO

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I have no prior experience with breeding and associated risks involved. So take my words with a grain of salt and wait for others to chime in.

I don't know where he got bit but downside of a mature male is that he can't molt out of any injuries, so healing him will be difficult if not impossible.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Where was he Bit? that answer will define what you have as options. And as others said remove it from ICU, put him in his enclosure with a full water dish.

prettycrazy

Arachnopeon
I believe he got bit on one of his pedipalps (or grazed it?) and bit right before one of the legs closest to that pedipalp.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I believe he got bit on one of his pedipalps (or grazed it?) and bit right before one of the legs closest to that pedipalp.
If either of those present a bleeding problem the T can auto amputate them shutting of the valve at the base and be just fine. Sounds like he dogged the bullet.

prettycrazy

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately he didn't make it.. I just checked on him and he isn't moving.. Makes me really sad since I actually raised him. He wasn't bought for breeding, but he has been tapping 24/7 straight, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Both of them have very good temperaments..

RIP Buddy

5dice

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately he didn't make it.. I just checked on him and he isn't moving.. Makes me really sad since I actually raised him. He wasn't bought for breeding, but he has been tapping 24/7 straight, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Both of them have very good temperaments..

RIP Buddy
I can't believe we don't have a cry response?! So sorry. Sad story. Natural process though. Time to get a new T!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm sorry man but sadly happens. I still remember in late '90 at least a good three (3) 1.0 mature C.cyaneopubescens that, before entering in that enclosure, were audacious and so leggy-bold like a soldier in full Hall Pass in Amsterdam. Didn't end well, for that Leonarda* destroyed their silly dreams, munching like Sawney Bean u_u

* A 'GBB' named after a brutal Italian serial killer Lady v
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonarda_Cianciulli

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I'm sorry man but sadly happens. I still remember in late '90 at least a good three (3) 1.0 mature C.cyaneopubescens that, before entering in that enclosure, were audacious and so leggy-bold like a soldier in full Hall Pass in Amsterdam. Didn't end well, for that Leonarda* destroyed their silly dreams, munching like Sawney Bean u_u

* A 'GBB' named after a brutal Italian serial killer Lady v
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonarda_Cianciulli
Cool story, keeper if the GODDESS, PBUH.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Cool story, keeper if the GODDESS, PBUH.
Well, at least only one 1.0 "soldier" of my collection ended MIA, and not all three. That was one of the few breeding projects I had with other keepers (prior 2003 law) living here in the area. We managed however to succeed :)