HELP!!! My P. Machala hasn't eating for about 6 months.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
The abdomen does not look shriveled, so that's a good sign. It is also pink, so it's not in pre-molt. It may just not be hungry. All you can really do is keep offering food every couple of weeks and keep the water dish topped off. It has a hide, yes?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Don't mist it... For moisture, pour water directly into the enclosure. The sub looks too dry. What temps are it kept at? Enclosure also looks pretty small.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
From that pic and that pic alone everything is terrible, IMO.

1) the enclosure looks really little for a spider such size.

2) the substrate is too dry, as BobBarley said. Misting is useless... the substrate needs to be moist, not the walls.

3) a piece of cork bark for hide... exist?

eeyan

Arachnopeon
The abdomen does not look shriveled, so that's a good sign. It is also pink, so it's not in pre-molt. It may just not be hungry. All you can really do is keep offering food every couple of weeks and keep the water dish topped off. It has a hide, yes?
Yes it has... thank you! :)

eeyan

Arachnopeon
Don't mist it... For moisture, pour water directly into the enclosure. The sub looks too dry. What temps are it kept at? Enclosure also looks pretty small.
My room temp is about at 29-30 celcius. Is there any ideal size for the enclosure for my tarantula?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My room temp is about at 29-30 celcius. Is there any ideal size for the enclosure for my tarantula?
You live in the Philippines, the last thing you need is to worry about temperatures :pompous:

As for the enclosure you need one that provide more 'floor' space rather than height. I would use a 35/40 X 25 X 20 (height) cm enclosure.

eeyan

Arachnopeon
You live in the Philippines, the last thing you need is to worry about temperatures :pompous:

As for the enclosure you need one that provide more 'floor' space rather than height. I would use a 35/40 X 25 X 20 (height) cm enclosure.
Do they require cooler temp?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Do they require cooler temp?
Nah. Genus Pamphobeteus are fine at such temperatures. Keep the substrate on the moist part (moist, not wet). Use a syringe or a plastic pipette, and pour room temperature water in the substrate, directly. If you can, offer him/her an enclosure with more floor space... from that pic, IMO seems little.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
That's fine. Just don't mist and pour water directly into the sub. The enclosure really is too small...

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
As others mentioned, that enclosure looks tiny. Get us a pic of the full setup if you can.