Help! My N.Chromathus is not eating for months!

Anabelus

Arachnopeon
Hi there,as you can read the title my tarantula is refusing to eat for months now,I am very worried because it is too weak now...please if you know what is going on please let me know! Thank you!

paumotu

Arachnobaron
Are you sure it's actually weak from starvation or just inactive? Exactly how long has it refused to eat for?

Anabelus

Arachnopeon
Are you sure it's actually weak from starvation or just inactive? Exactly how long has it refused to eat for?
Well when it tryies to climb the glass it’s falling down because it looks like it is too weak to hold on to it...I can’t exactly tell for how long but it has been around 6 months now...

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Well when it tryies to climb the glass it’s falling down because it looks like it is too weak to hold on to it...I can’t exactly tell for how long but it has been around 6 months now...
Pictures of the Tarantula, please?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Looks to me like a mature male which would explain the lack of eating and the poor climbing skills.

Anabelus

Arachnopeon
I
Looks to me like a mature male which would explain the lack of eating and the poor climbing skills.
t’s about 2.5 years old, when I saw it falling from the glass I decided to ask you guys for help because I thought there was something really wrong...So you think it’s normal? And when should I expect him to start eating again?

I

t’s about 2.5 years old, when I saw it falling from the glass I decided to ask you guys for help because I thought there was something really wrong...So you think it’s normal? And when should I expect him to start eating again?
It used to climb the glasa very good,even lifting the top glasa so I had to put rocks on it

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I'm sorry, but it's in the end of his life. When did he molt last time?

cold blood

Staff member
Its 100% a mature male...not eating isnt uncommon for a male. Nothing you have said would be abnormal for a MM.

Hes just at the end of his natural life.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I

He's likely only got a few months left to live. Most mature makes don't live for too long after they mature (a year, sometimes a bit more than that). He's unlikely to start eating again very often, in my experience.

Anabelus

Arachnopeon
Oh no..I hope not..right about time he stopped eating,first I thought he is in pre molt,which he was,but then he didn’t eat till now

Its 100% a mature male...not eating isnt uncommon for a male. Nothing you have said would be abnormal for a MM.

Hes just at the end of his natural life.
Ohhh,thank you for reply,you all helped me a lot,at least I know what it is

Dorifto

He who moists xD
You can send him to a breeder, and have some Ts back. He will end his life accomplishing his mission