Help-me! What is the name ( species ) this spider?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
="VanessaS, : 113644"]And I think that some people might come here thinking that you have to be from the U.S. to join the forum - hence the use of U.S.A. as a location for people who are elsewhere.
Well, his profile clearly states Brazil...

lukasvitor20

Arachnopeon
And I think that some people might come here thinking that you have to be from the U.S. to join the forum - hence the use of U.S.A. as a location for people who are elsewhere.
when I was registering I thought if I put it was from Brazil would not make it, so I put another country:anxious::playful:

Leonardo the Mage

Arachnosquire
thank you so much:embarrassed::embarrassed::)
Congratulations on your gorgeous new T, hope (S)he gives you many years of joy.

Many people on these boards are from outside the US. Vanessa and I are from Canada. I have seen people from all over america, the philippines, asia, the netherlands, the UK, and at least one Italian madman (looking at you, @Chris LXXIX ;)) I even think we have a few other Brazilian members! Everyone can come here and share their knowledge and love of these remarkable creatures! :)

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
thanks for the help of all, sorry the hassle
No hassle. That's what this place was made for. Ignore the rude people. Welcome. Don't be afraid to ask ANYthing. There's no such thing as a dumb question. You're listening, and that's great.
You should send that little beauty to me!;)

lukasvitor20

Arachnopeon
Congratulations on your gorgeous new T, hope (S)he gives you many years of joy.

Many people on these boards are from outside the US. Vanessa and I are from Canada. I have seen people from all over america, the philippines, asia, the netherlands, the UK, and at least one Italian madman (looking at you, @Chris LXXIX ;)) I even think we have a few other Brazilian members! Everyone can come here and share their knowledge and love of these remarkable creatures! :)
thank you for understanding, you are very friendly and polite

lukasvitor20

Arachnopeon
No hassle. That's what this place was made for. Ignore the rude people. Welcome. Don't be afraid to ask ANYthing. There's no such thing as a dumb question. You're listening, and that's great.
You should send that little beauty to me!;)
hahaha thank you, I will take good care of it, I want to have more soon

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Wow. Thats the most thuggin' looking Pulchra I have ever seen. Take care of it well and it will look amazing after a couple moults.

Nice find

lukasvitor20

Arachnopeon
Wow. Thats the most thuggin' looking Pulchra I have ever seen. Take care of it well and it will look amazing after a couple moults.

Nice find
hahaha I was lucky to find it, how do I know if it is male or female? taking much time to change moults?

TarantulaArvind

Arachnopeon
hahaha thank you, I will take good care of it, I want to have more soon
Myself, being a newbie to this forum as well as to the tarantula hobby, I understand how you feel.. feel free to shoot out your questions. everyone here is passionate about tarantulas and will readily help you. dont worry about your english. the language is not going to be a barrier. word it the way it comes to your mind. we'll understand.. here the people give importance to the tarantula and its caretaker more than the english used.:angelic:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
hahaha I was lucky to find it, how do I know if it is male or female? taking much time to change moults?
You will need to be patient. Once it moults then you can examine it to see if it M or F.

Have a look at the sexing threads on the forums here.

lukasvitor20

Arachnopeon
Myself, being a newbie to this forum as well as to the tarantula hobby, I understand how you feel.. feel free to shoot out your questions. everyone here is passionate about tarantulas and will readily help you. dont worry about your english. the language is not going to be a barrier. word it the way it comes to your mind. we'll understand.. here the people give importance to the tarantula and its caretaker more than the english used.:angelic:
thank you for understanding, you are making me more like spiders:happy:

crlovel

Arachnopeon
Exactly what the others said! Welcome to the board, and we look forward to more spider pictures from you!

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
minas gerais:happy:
Then that would make Grammostola pulchra less likely to be the tarantula you collected. Grammostola pulchra was described from a specimen found in Rio Grande do Sul which would make it more likely to extend into Uruguay than Minas Gerais. The trouble with picture IDs is that so many tarantulas look the same. Accurate identifications are made by examining anatomy that is not visible in pictures. Not to mention, IDs made here are usually made by comparing what people have or know from the pet trade which represents a very small portion of tarantula species diversity, especially in Brazil. From the pictures, all you can tell is that it is a black tarantula from the subfamily Theraphosinae. If you are serious about getting an ID on your tarantula, then I would try to reach out to a research institution or museum, such as Instituto Butantan in Sao Paulo, to get more information.