Help me select my 19th and 20th tarantulas

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What a recommend thread! I think you'd be fine with Pokies, if you enjoy their looks. the H macs are faster, meaner, and have at least the same venom potency.

However, I enjoy the T blondis too. They aren't that mean. :) Just treat it with respect like I'm sure you do with your others.

Either way, those would be my recommendations.

However, as a last note, at least the pokies are different. T blondi is another big brown spider. Awesome, sure, but as you have an LP you may want to try something different.

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
First order made!

OK, you talked me into it!

I placed an order that includes a pokie. :)

Just ordered from Paul Becker:

P. miranda
Avic bicegoi
Avic versicolor
King baboon

Very very tempted by Lampropelma sp Borneo
Have an inquiry in about a Pamphobeteus from another seller.

I think a thread this long deserves pics, but will have to have help from my 12 year old. The Ts should be arriving next week.

I don't think I'm done yet, so still researching.

BTW, I decided against:
-B boehmei - because I have B klaasi (rare) and B smithi (pretty) and don't see how another in the genus would add that much
-A genic - because I have Lasiodora itabunae and Nhandu coloratovillosus, which in combination, seem sort of similar
-Lasiodorides polycuspulatus - because I don't know much about it

Still considering Pamphobeteus as well as another Lampropelma.

Last edited:

sn95

Arachnopeon
OK, you talked me into it!

I placed an order that includes a pokie. :)

Just ordered from Paul Becker:

P. miranda
Avic bicegoi
Avic versicolor
King baboon

Very very tempted by Lampropelma sp Borneo
Have an inquiry in about a Pamphobeteus from another seller.

I think a thread this long deserves pics, but will have to have help from my 12 year old. The Ts should be arriving next week.

I don't think I'm done yet, so still researching.

BTW, I decided against:
-B boehmei - because I have B klaasi (rare) and B smithi (pretty) and don't see how another in the genus would add that much
-A genic - because I have Lasiodora itabunae and Nhandu coloratovillosus, which in combination, seem sort of similar
-Lasiodorides polycuspulatus - because I don't know much about it

Still considering Pamphobeteus as well as another Lampropelma.
Great choices, Mr. becker is also a great dealer. I have a king baboon sling its about 1-1.25" and its probably one of my favorite slings, even after buying about 16 more spiders over the past week. P. miranda should be stunning as an adult, and also a T's thats on my dream list. Same can be said about your choices of Avics.