Help me please

Jagsmagee

Arachnopeon
hey guys I just got a Asian tree forest scorpion I'm new to the game and I need some help, he/she hasn't eaten since I've had it, i suspect it's going through the premolt stages but I just need second opinion. Here's what it looks like

Jagsmagee

Arachnopeon
hey guys I just got a Asian tree forest scorpion I'm new to the game and I need some help, he/she hasn't eaten since I've had it, i suspect it's going through the premolt stages but I just need second opinion. Here's what it looks like
image.jpeg

Jagsmagee

Arachnopeon
A picture of the entire set up would help in seeing if there is an issue with husbandry or if it is just getting acclimated to its new home. How long have you had it?

Your asian forest scorpion appears to be a Heterometrus petersii or Heterometrus spinifer.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a light for it too it's just not on at the moment
In the picture it looks like only the top layer of substrate is wet. If so, all of it needs to be moist. A few more inches of substrate would help too. If you are using a screen lid, restrict the air flow by setting something on top like an old picture frame or piece of acrylic. The ambient humidity shouldn't be stressed as much as keeping the soil deep and moist. I can't tell how big that dish is but it should be big enough for the scorpion to climb in but not too big to where it can't climb out. If that is one of those wooden half logs beware as they have a tendency to mold in moist conditions.

A word on it not eating, they don't eat a lot and if you've only had it for a short period of time it may need just need to get used to it's new home.

Jagsmagee

Arachnopeon
In the picture it looks like only the top layer of substrate is wet. If so, all of it needs to be moist. A few more inches of substrate would help too. If you are using a screen lid, restrict the air flow by setting something on top like an old picture frame or piece of acrylic. The ambient humidity shouldn't be stressed as much as keeping the soil deep and moist. I can't tell how big that dish is but it should be big enough for the scorpion to climb in but not too big to where it can't climb out. If that is one of those wooden half logs beware as they have a tendency to mold in moist conditions.

A word on it not eating, they don't eat a lot and if you've only had it for a short period of time it may need just need to get used to it's new home.
Thank you man, I really appreciate the help

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thank you man, I really appreciate the help
No problem.

Also, they don't need a light. If you are using it for heat, your room temperature may be enough. What is the ambient room temp it is in?