Help me locate a thread please

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am trying to locate a thread that tells how to set up tank dividers. I have tried every keyword I can think of and just cannot find it. Rick needs the instructions to give to one of his customers. Any help would be appreciated.

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks...yeah that was the only one I could find. Rick said he thought one of the posts had diagrams or more detailed instructions. I also looked all over the net, but found nothing more valuable than the thread you and I located. I faxed it to him and I hope it's good enough.

Thank you.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To add to the divider line of thinking. I did this with the 20 gallon I have my twins two rosies in. I used the plastic opaque sheets that you by to put in the spaces of drop ceiling lighting. Cut it to fit snug snug. Drilled Very small ventilation holes through it. About an inch apart from each other but not big enough for either T to fit a leg or ped through. I was nervous about an accidental leg slip and an accidental leg being chewed off by the other slip....

Then I ran beads of hot glue around it after fitting it into place. The top I did with clear plexiglass. I cut the pieces to fit each side and made a top horizontal lip for the devider. So the lids seat on it evn with the inner lips of the rest of the tank upper trim piece. Drilled them out for the proper humidity and ventilation and hinged them at the rear with little cute brass hinges. Those are held to the plexiglass with a two part epoxy. Drilling for those tiny screws seemed like a pain in the butt and the epoxi worked and doesn't show. Then did the same with a little front clasp. Like the kinds of sets you see on little tiny jewelry boxes. I have a little bar through the clasp to keep the T's from pushing them open.

Sunshine and Moonbeam don't bother each other a bit. They seem happy calm and comfortable. The temperature and humidity is even on both sides and the gravely pattern of the plastic devider is rather attractive. You can see the smokey shadowets of the T's from either side.
I'm planning on deviding a few ten gallons for smaller juviniles like this.

Hope this was any help....