Help me get more

aim00

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. After years of searching my first tarantula i got it. Actually since last august.
chilean red flame tarantula and 2 of them.
Now maybe can you recommend other species that are similar, and by similar i mean docile, calm and on smaller side of tarantulas.

after more than half a year i see that i van manage them and they have not died so I’m looking new species to familiarize my self.

Foggy

Arachnopeon
Hmm, with my limited experience with new worlds I would recommend anything in the Tlitocatl genus or if you're looking for something a little more on the mean side Nhandu Coloratovillosus is pretty feisty. Tlitocatl albopilosum, Tlitocatl Vagans, Avicularia Avicularia (if you want an arboreal species) and Aphonopelma seemanni are all extremely docile in my experience. I see the Vagans and Coloratovillosus out the most.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Other Euathlus/Homoeomma species would be the best suggestion if that's what you're looking for. It's a tiny bit tricky with that exact criteria, as many smaller species are quite skittish, and many more docile species are larger than that species.

There's some smaller Avics (A. minatrix comes to mind), and they tend to be more docile.

If you want something small and are willing to get something more skittish, I'd say: Hapalopus sp., Neoholothele incei, Cyriocosmus sp. to name a few

If you want something normally docile and are willing to get something larger: G. pulchripes, G. pulchra, Avicularia sp., T. albo, T. schroederi

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Neischnocolus sp. "Panama" (still sold as Ami sp. "Panama")
Thrixopelma cyaneolum (if you can find one)

There's some smaller Avics (A. minatrix comes to mind), and they tend to be more docile.
A. minatrix are pretty skittish/flighty and are bloody quick as well.

I highly recommend Aphonopelma chalcodes ( Arizona Blonde)! My first tarantula was one, and she's still one of my favorites. I love watching her excavate her tunnels (which she then barely uses, but I guess she likes having them). They get bigger than your current one, but not too big. And on the plus side, they grow so slowly you'd have a small spider for quite a while! Mine's very docile, though she did threat pose once when a roach landed on her head, but who wouldn't be upset at that.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi everyone. After years of searching my first tarantula i got it. Actually since last august.
chilean red flame tarantula and 2 of them.
Now maybe can you recommend other species that are similar, and by similar i mean docile, calm and on smaller side of tarantulas.

after more than half a year i see that i van manage them and they have not died so I’m looking new species to familiarize my self.

Given you are EU, assuming your pro is accurate, a number of species out of Chile, Euathlus (insert color) are small and quite docile. You will have greater access to them than in the USA.

Cemykay

Arachnosquire
I can recommend Grammostola pulchra/pulchripes or any Brachypelma as your next T! Tliltocatl aswell but my vagans is quite skittish and not as calm as my other Brachypelma.

aim00

Arachnopeon
Thanks for giving me lots of species to take a closer look at everybody!

carslbad green( a. Gabeli) does anyone here know would this species fit my criteria of docile calm species?

also i found A. Johnnycashi and hapalotremus albipes but there is no info about them anywhere.

tarantula species named johnnycashi would be awesome because i love Johnny Cash.
But most of i need calm chill and rather small tarantula.

Viper69 im from EU yes. But from couple online shops i keep eye on(dont know many of them) have not noticed euathlus species at all.

Last edited by a moderator: