help me find the breed of my tarantula

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
And its a male, so its not like its that old compared to a female.
It sadly also may only have at most a year left to live at this point being a mature male but if its an aphonopelma it could be as old as 8 already since these species they reach maturity slow.

Psyrocke

Arachnopeon
Bradley"s profile indicates he lives in England, I doubt he has an Aphonopelma johnnycashi
but maybe B sabulosum or B. angustum MM
Oh good call, didn't think to check his locale. Than I go back to my pulchra or second your B. angustum after some googling I guess haha.

cold blood

Staff member
How else are you supposed to move from one large tank to another??
Seriously? How do you think people move old worlds? There are many methods that work great and require no handling. In 15 years I've never handled any t (intentionally) during a re-house. Sometimes you can just use positioning of the enclosures, you can use a catch cup, the bag method, etc.

It was from a dead uncle to my dad for a year then to me today
Sorry to hear about your uncle, good to see you in the hobby, but that's a rough way in.:sorry: It also explains why you don't know the species. Reminds me that I need to add names to a couple of my enclosures. It also explains why you were not aware of other methods of re-housing.

He may not eat much, if at all, because he kinda looks like an old MM, so his time may be pretty limited.

Have any specific questions, just keep asking.

Bradley Rowbotham

Arachnopeon
Seriously? How do you think people move old worlds? There are many methods that work great and require no handling. In 15 years I've never handled any t (intentionally) during a re-house. Sometimes you can just use positioning of the enclosures, you can use a catch cup, the bag method, etc.

Sorry to hear about your uncle, good to see you in the hobby, but that's a rough way in.:sorry: It also explains why you don't know the species. Reminds me that I need to add names to a couple of my enclosures. It also explains why you were not aware of other methods of re-housing.

He may not eat much, if at all, because he kinda looks like an old MM, so his time may be pretty limited.

Have any specific questions, just keep asking.
I hate spiders

cold blood

Staff member
I hate spiders
Getting bit probably did little to help that.:(

I'm shocked you even made the attempt to pick it up.

I got my first nearly 15 years ago, rescued from a neighbor who was going to throw it at someone. At the time I was very much arachnophobic, but also an animal person, so I wasn't about to just watch it die. Getting that spider was a blessing, because all the creepy things that bothered me at the time, are now a non-thought.

Bradley Rowbotham

Arachnopeon
Getting bit probably did little to help that.:(

I'm shocked you even made the attempt to pick it up.

I got my first nearly 15 years ago, rescued from a neighbor who was going to throw it at someone. At the time I was very much arachnophobic, but also an animal person, so I wasn't about to just watch it die. Getting that spider was a blessing, because all the creepy things that bothered me at the time, are now a non-thought.
It made me bleed

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I'm just glad you didn't get passed down an adult male old world, or the story would be much different and might be bad news for the UK hobby. It's the hobbyists nightmare honestly...